Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Screen streaming not working on the remote PC?

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by kimminwoo0807, Aug 27, 2021.

1. kimminwoo0807

kimminwoo0807

Hi, everyone!

I added the Unity Render Streaming package to the existing Unity project and deployed an AWS EC2 web server and a TURN server using coturn. If you open a web browser on a PC with the Unity client, screen streaming is possible normally. However, streaming is not possible from a remote PC that exists elsewhere. Are there any problems with the code?

The TURN server created on the server was tested normally.

P.s. Fortunately, once you've been lucky enough to connect again, the connection won't happen again.

Attached Files:

2. Cvachha

Cvachha

Hello,
    I am having a similar issue where I am trying to stream the videoplayer on a remote computer on a different network. I have also commented on a GitHub issue about this topic.

I have tried disabling the firewall (there does not seem to be a difference when I turn it on or off) and I have noticed that when I click play on the web client videoplayer on the remote machine, the Unity console prints 10 new debug.log statements and indicates that the signaling process is connected “Signaling: HTTP connected...”.
    However, on the remote machine, the render stream is still empty and the input buttons (“Light off”) do not work. If I run the web client on my local machine, the similar debug.log statements show up in the unity console but the render stream shows up and input works.

I am running the webserver on the same port number of the signaling URL and on the remote machine, The remote machine is on a different network (using a mobile hotspot) and port forwarding into the same port into the network I am running the render streaming server in.

DevelopmentArvis likes this.
  3. Cvachha

Cvachha

To follow up on my previous post, I recently created a TURN server (run on GCP and following the instructions provided in the Render Streaming documentation using coturn) and I am still getting the same issue (blank video player, and getting messages in the Unity console that there has been a connection). On my local computer the stream runs properly. I am using Unity 2019.4. I am running this in a new Unity project with the render streaming “WebBrowserInput” sample.

I am unsure if the TURN server is working as intended. On Trickle ICE, I am getting a similar error 701. In my signaling in Unity, I am putting localhost with a different port number from “3478”, and putting the “ice server” as "turn:[external IP of VM from GCP]:3478?transport=tcp"

In GCP Firewall, I am allowing the external IP address and tcp/udp ports (I am also allowing HTTP traffic in the VM instance details). My VM is a f1-micro running ubuntu-1604 and I have enabled the TURN server through coturn.

I am unsure how to proceed and am not sure if my TURN server is working correctly, or if the render streaming package is not working correctly.

Thank you

4. liquify

liquify

Hi, do you use Windows Server 2012 R2 or Ubuntu operating system on the AWS EC2 web server?

I got confused with the official tutorials. Because it explains how to configure self-signed credentials for https on a Windows server, but it also explains how to install Coturn on a Ubuntu server.

5. Handsome-Wisely

Handsome-Wisely

yes, i also intenet pc sometime can see vedio some time can see. local pc can see any time