Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Space Reflections for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA, Nov 1, 2013.

1. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

dont work in anyway

2. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

We have added a couple more new additions and will be submitting to Unity soon, not too sure how long Unity going to take until it becomes available on the Asset Store during the holiday period, thanks.

Cheers & Merry Christmas!

LAST DAY for Candela SSRR 60% Off Sale

3. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

this one will be compatible with unity5 already ?

4. Pulov

Pulov

Livenda's -coming soon- are not to take too seriously. Wish next time you get within deadline but won`t put much hope into it.

5. Kronnect

Kronnect

Candela is just great. You just have to know how to use it. For instance, make sure you drop alpha levels to zero for materials you don't want reflections on OR use layer exclusion option (assign your game objects to a custom layer and assign this layer in the exclusion property in Candela component).
    I also found very useful enabling high quality blur option.

Will it support orthographic projection as well?? It's very important for me. I don't mind to purchase another license if that would be needed...

6. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

oh yes?please can you share screens in unity5 excluding the player ?

7. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

Candela update please!

8. Pulov

Pulov

Yes update.

9. jcarpay

jcarpay

'Soon' is over, would be nice to see an update!

10. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

New year - new update? :)

11. Kronnect

Kronnect

It's sad to see lack of news and replies from Livenda. Their Candela product is great and Spectra/Nephilim look awesome addons! Hope they've not closed doors!

12. Pulov

Pulov

Spectra was one of the biggest vaporwares this forum has met and left livendas reputation below 0.

DMeville likes this.
  13. elbows

elbows

Yep. As a result, despite really wanting to buy SSRR at the sale price, I have to wait. Because until the update actually appears, I can place no faith in stated timescales for updates/ a Unity 5 compatible version.

14. giraffe1

giraffe1

15. hopeful

hopeful

I think that update is just to return to the normal price, not a software update.

16. Pulov

Pulov

This candela guy is trolling us all.

It runied its reputation with the GI stuff and the policy for SSR looks like drop the price to half while saying that the next version is arround the corner so people jump in and then nothing happensa, and repeat strategy...

I'm about to report this guy.

17. blueivy

blueivy

I used to think that he was foreign so things that he said was lost in translation, but then I remembered he's from Australia so there's really no excuse. Look at this tweet and then you'll realize that Livenda's timeline should be taken with a grain of salt https://mobile.twitter.com/LivendaLabs/status/545175471143407616

18. f4lke

f4lke

I purchased Candela SSRR some days ago to use it in combination with Marmoset Skyshop. I am experiencing the same problem as many others in here and the asset store, namely that i can not control the reflection amount and blur with the diffuse/specular alpha channels of the Skyshop shaders. Every time one complains about (either in this thread or in the asset store) this problem Livenda answers (on page 2, 6, 7, 10) with "Candela SSRR looks at the diffuse alpha (for reflection amount modulation) and/or the Specular Gloss/Alpha for reflection Blur factor.". ScoobyDoofus also had this problem (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/on...ections-for-unity.208316/page-10#post-1663731) and already talked to the guys at Marmoset.

Below are two screenshots. The left floor plate is with the Candela "Bumped Specular PBS SSR" shader, the right one Marmoset "Bumped Specular IBL". The first screenshot has full alpha in main/diffuse input, the second one zero.

Please note the reflections on the floor. Any solutions/updates/explanations? Livenda? Anyone else?

Full alpha

Zero alpha

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  19. Pulov

Pulov

Seriously, where is the update?

f4lke likes this.
  20. f4lke

f4lke

Haven't heard from him regarding my problem, not in here and not via the support mail address (2 weeks ago). This is from his Unity Forum profile (state of 21.01.2015): "LIVENDA was last seen: Jan 12, 2015"

Edit: Is it possible that the main developer quit at the Livenda "company" and what's left is a salesman trying to sell as much copies as he can until the ship has sunk? Or is Livenda a real developer?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  21. Kronnect

Kronnect

Don't know but I have seen this a few times with other great tools (with a very bad pricing btw which is in many cases the reason for failing).

Do you know If there's a substitute for Candela in U5 or is unnecessary ?

22. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

I hope not. Would mean i bought this product for nothing. I'm already pissed about the lack of area lights they promised... not so concerned about the realtime GI, but the area lights were sick.

23. f4lke

f4lke

There is a second Screen Space Reflection asset in the Asset Store which also seems promising. Unity 5 has static reflection probes which work really fine but do another job than SSR. I use SSR for a handful of realtime reflections and that can't be done with static probes.

Well, Candela SSRR is actually fine to be honest... what i'm hacked about is Livenda's constant promise of the option to adjust the reflection in Marmoset Skyshop. It simply doesn't work the way he claims and I bought it to use it exclusively with Skyshop.

24. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

It is kind of disappointing this is happening... Candela is a GREAT and POWERFUL tool that has come handy in my toolset, but the lack of presence and responses to inquiry is hurting their product. After the Spectra GI fiasco, I am giving them a chance to redeem themselves. If this is not supported in U5, then I wasted money on my production.

And it will also have to work with Unity 5 even without Skyshop which I dropped because of the fact that the new features for reflection probes are so much quicker.

25. giraffe1

giraffe1

When are we going to see this update? At the very least why can't you just let us know truthfully what is going on, so we can make our decision whether to move on or carry on waiting...

It will take you less than a minute of your time to just respond with:

a) Sorry about the delay, the update is on the way in (whatever time frame)

or

b) Run into some real life problems or whatever and can no longer support this asset.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  26. Licarell

Licarell

LIVENDA will give us an update on progress April 1st....

kurylo3d likes this.
  27. Pulov

Pulov

Lol Licarell.

Dude, I agree that by fixing some stuff, and adding the area lights to the pacage would make it pretty awesome. But to me, this asset is dead, trown money.

Have a look back to the thread and you'll see a constant sale updates mode, using as a selling argument an inminent update or further a magical Total Reflection product... pretty much the GI thread like.

This reveals nothing good behind.

This dude has been selling smoke like a boss, but the party is over.

KRGraphics likes this.
  28. Gokcan

Gokcan

I really wonder how long we will wait more? I am sure you will lost many people as long as we wait.

29. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

Kinda sad to be sitting on an asset with that much potential and then just to see it got to waste... :/

blueivy likes this.
  30. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hello Everyone,

First we apologize for the delay and like to assure everyone that we are now full steam ahead with all our products for Unity! We had a number people return from extended holidays over the Christmas/ New-Year period & completing other contractual projects (not related to Unity), hence the delay.

The coast is now clear and we are 100% dedicated & determined to bringing everything we have talked about to fruition and then some.

The product release schedule at this stage is follows,

• Candela SSRR update to V1.03 (will be submitted to Unity this week)
    • Candela SSRR update to V1.04 (with Unity 5 Compatibility approximately 2 weeks)
    • Unreal Reflections + Candela SSRR update to V1.05
    • Spectra GI - Advanced Real Time Global illumination (BIG project for us)
    • The Nephilim Ocean Engine for Unity (initial release will most likely be DX11)
    Another project in the works is our IBLSTUDIO product both offline and as a plugin for Unity (plus other DCC tools such as 3dsmax/ Maya / UE4 and more), this could be released before the Nephilim Ocean Engine...

Also to clarify some comments, the Adcanced Area lights shown in the videos are made for and included in SpectraGI and is not a separate product. If there is enough interest we can perhaps look at the viability of releasing it as another Unity plugin?

Again we apologize for the delays and are very excited for the opportunity to bring these products to Unity. Last but not least, If you have any outstanding support queries please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to help you asap.

Cheers!
    Livenda

hopeful and FreakForFreedom like this.
  31. f4lke

f4lke

In here or at a specific mail address? I have sent you a support request via email two weeks ago and haven't got any response yet. A direct link to the problems is here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/on...ections-for-unity.208316/page-13#post-1916854

32. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

support AT Livenda dot com

-----------------------------
    Hello Everyone,

First we apologize for the delay and like to assure everyone that we are now full steam ahead with all our products for Unity! We had a number people return from extended holidays over the Christmas/ New-Year period & completing other contractual projects (not related to Unity), hence the delay.

The coast is now clear and we are 100% dedicated & determined to bringing everything we have talked about to fruition and then some.

The product release schedule at this stage is follows,

• Candela SSRR update to V1.03 (will be submitted to Unity this week)
    • Candela SSRR update to V1.04 (with Unity 5 Compatibility approximately 2 weeks)
    • Unreal Reflections + Candela SSRR update to V1.05
    • Spectra GI - Advanced Real Time Global illumination (BIG project for us)
    • The Nephilim Ocean Engine for Unity (initial release will most likely be DX11)
    Another project in the works is our IBLSTUDIO product both offline and as a plugin for Unity (plus other DCC tools such as 3dsmax/ Maya / UE4 and more), this could be released before the Nephilim Ocean Engine...

Also to clarify some comments, the Advanced Area lights shown in the videos are made for and included in SpectraGI and is not a separate product. If there is enough interest we can perhaps look at the viability of releasing it as another Unity plugin?

Again we apologize for the delays and are very excited for the opportunity to bring these products to Unity. Last but not least, If you have any outstanding support queries please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to help you asap.

Cheers!
    Livenda

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  33. Zomby138

Zomby138

For the record, I'm more interested in the advanced area lights than I am in GI. Unity has got built in GI after all.

34. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

Second that! Unity5's GI System works pretty well and they are constantly improving it.

35. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Yea unitys gi is more then adiquete for any GI needs. Its not flawless, but the performance is great and workflow sound. Mostly just need reflections and area lights. GI is a bonus.

36. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I agree with all of the points above... Enlighten is more than sufficent, and I am honestly interested in IBL studio, but it will have to be a component or something for the reflection probes or something similar to the reflection probes, because as of now, you can't really do too much to the reflection probes as far as editing is concerned.

37. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

what you mean ? if spectraGI can reduce in significant way the days-weeks ( ahahahah ) dealy of enlighten i want to take a look for sure !

even Unity5 dont have realtime screen space reflection!, or it have ? please dont judgme brothers i am a noob to unity yet, but in my unity4 projects candela did a miracle with reflections ! i am sure this unreal will be even better !

38. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

Enlighten looks works great for small environment, but man ! it take a year do bake a great level even using an SSD Harddisk! , spectraGI can help this livenda ?

Many thanks

39. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

heres hoping unity uses the GPU to calculate.

So far im doing a decent rate with my i7 4ghz. Though i dont ever use terrain.. id rather model it.

40. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

That is the trade off with lightmapping... if you have a huge level, you don't have much choice but to wait for it to do it's magic. For me, on my laptop, I am using a cornell box to light my models and it is a very smart workflow...

41. Licarell

Licarell

That sounds interesting, if you have a moment I'd love to know how you go about this...

42. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Message me privately and I will carefully explain. The Cornell Box is just for testing purposes and it helps me light my characters a bit more easily... if they look good in the box, it will look great everywhere else.

43. blueivy

blueivy

I'll always welcome another gi solution. enlighten is a really good relighting solution, but spectragi supposedly can bounce light from dynamic objects into the scene.

44. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

my main concern is frame rate when it comes to that. The last realtime gi solution i tried would lag even on my gtx 980.. and i need a solid 75 fps at all time with occulus VR. But lets not turn this thread into another discussion about the fabled realtime GI. Keep it on candela.

blueivy likes this.
  45. Kronnect

Kronnect

Glad to hear from you guys!

I'm looking forward to Unity5 compatibility for Candela. Any speed improvement to this plugin will make it a must-have!

I don't think Unity5 has implemented realtime reflections like Candela but maybe I'm totally wrong. Can anyone shed light regarding Candela SSRR vs Unity 5?

46. giraffe1

giraffe1

That week is over, it is now Monday (a new week). I assume you submitted v1.03 by now? Another 2-3 days and Unity should have it up on the asset store.

blueivy and f4lke like this.
  47. antonov_3d

antonov_3d

Anyone managed to make it work with shader forge?
    Because for some reason it uses o.Alpha in OPAQUE shader (??????????????????????????????)
    to drive reflectivity, and the forward rendering shaders shaderforge produces are borked (the reflection angles are broken completely), and in deffered rendering i HAVE NO IDEA how to add o.Alpha in the shader that does not accept alpha at all. I just wish someone with more experience can share solution.

How do i control reflectivity (not glossyness or roughness just where reflection EXISTS)
    in shaderforge made shader with deffered rendering enabled.

EDiT:
    Whatever i ended up using default shaders, now other question how do i make them work with unity skybox?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  48. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

It has been submitted and should not be much longer.

Cheers,
    Livenda

49. f4lke

f4lke

I sent you a support request 6 days ago to the address you mentioned (support@livenda.com) and you have again (second time now) not answered yet. Do me a favour and answer the support mail, now.

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LIVENDA
    Very eager to see the Unity 5 version so I can start integrating it with Alloy 3. Can you give me any preliminary details on what I can do in my shader code to get ready?

Thanks.

KRGraphics likes this.