Search Unity

Screen Space Reflections for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA, Nov 1, 2013.

1. resequenced

resequenced

Will Candela SSRR be supported on Unity 5?

2. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Yes, certainly will be, we just joined the Beta program and will make all the necessary changes for a smooth transition.

Cheers,

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  3. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

Its already working on unity5, you can get this product and be happy for sure, just some little things to fix for unity5, but as said Candela will work on beta program, thats great ! livenda products are top notch!, looking forward to the GI Solution.

4. resequenced

resequenced

OK, that's good news. What do I need to do to get it working under Unity 5? I bought Candela yesterday and it crashes U5 for me on scene load. I'm using beta 5.

5. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

Scene load? strange !, I just got a demo camera from the demo scenes, made a prefab and dropped in a new scene ( I do this because i am very noob at tweaking the scripts ahahah ), and it works.
    In the begin i had issues at just adding a script to the camera, it was freezing, but in unity 5 beta 6 i have no issues. I your problem, persists, remember that the good things is that they promissed to support unity5, so they will probably fix soon, but i dont have problems with that anymore.

6. resequenced

resequenced

OK, cool - thanks. The demo scene does work, I just can't add the plugin to my own project without it crashing the editor.

Anyway, I'll just wait until it's officially supported under U5, it's not a big issue at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  7. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey there... is anyone using Skyshop with this? I am having some issues with getting my reflections to be casted on objects and I am noticing that the sky box is OVERPOWERING the scene and I don't see any of my reflections... also I am using alloy and have to be forced to use RSRM mode. How do I ensure than the skybox is being reflected in my scene... thanks a bunch

8. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Any tips on using this to simulate water? I'm in the unusual position of having lakes and rivers with a curved (rather than flat) surface (for why, see the video here, starting about 30 seconds in). So the standard Unity water doesn't work for me at all.

It looks like SSRR may do the trick, as water is basically a big reflective surface. But what about ripples? Any easy way to add those?

9. AFrisby

AFrisby

Quick question; is there any way to get transparent surfaces reflecting? I'm looking at doing decal water effects - but the best I'm able to do is with alphatesting; actual alpha shaders seem non-reflective (which is probably due to a queue/pass issue)?

10. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

HAPPY NEW YEAR SPECIAL !

NORMALLY $125 NOW ONLY $50 (60% OFF)

GRAB IT AT LESS THAN HALF PRICE NOW &
    GET A DISCOUNT FOR UNREAL REFLECTIONS

SALE IS FOR A LIMITED TIME UNTIL END OF DECEMBER

Cheers

KRGraphics likes this.
  11. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

What is the unreal reflection pack?

12. jcarpay

jcarpay

I'm not sure, but judging by its product name, I expect it to be awesome ;)

13. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

It is awesome! We are preparing the intro & technical videos now and should make the announcement in the coming week together with the highly anticipated SpectraGI videos.

We also have a GREAT surprise for everyone who currently owns or buys a license for Candela SSRR until the UNREAL REFLECTIONS Product is released.

Cheers

hopeful, KRGraphics and jcarpay like this.
  14. Z43D

Z43D

Formulating some videos sounds familiar. I don't expect to hear or see anything else substantial until sometime in December lol. I hope you guys pleasantly surprise me ;)

15. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Can't wait. While we are on topic about SSRR, how could I use this with Skyshop? I found that skyshop cubemaps overpower the reflection from ssrr and I find myself not using Skyshop mode in Alloy. How could I ensure that I can see the sky box

hopeful likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great. One question, is the GI solution shader based or will not need any shaders to be changed in our scenes ?

Also will the new reflections pack be a separate product to the SSRR or act as an addon ?

Thanks

17. Cynicat

Cynicat

i'm a little worried by the 'upgrade' part. i hope you guys aren't just repackaging an update as a new package. my cynicism comes from the spectraGI fiasco. could you give a description of what unreal reflections is? other than confusingly similar to another notable game engine. good luck and don't F*** up. =3

18. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi,

The SpectraGI does Not require any shader modification or additions, we will however provide our Custom PBS shaders which work well with SpectraGI and are tuned for the system, you are not required to use it if you have a project based on your own shaders or other third party products such as Alloy, Lux, Skyshop etc.

UNREAL REFLECTIONS is a completely NEW product and has not much to do with Candela SSRR as Candela is screen-space based i.e. it can only reflect objects seen by the active camera. UNREAL REFLECTIONS does utilize a modified version of Candela SSRR customized for UR for local reflections which can be switched ON if required. UNREAL REFLECTIONS will provide by far the easiest / fastest in performance and authoring global camera in-dependent reflections for Unity to date at AAA quality levels. No shader modification or additions are required and work seamlessly with all default and custom shaders.

Again, Candela SSRR will continue to be developed and updated as usual as it is a Screen-Space based reflection system unlike the camera in-dependent UNREAL REFLECTIONS.

As mentioned in our previous post, everyone who currently own a license for Candela SSRR or purchase Candela SSRR Until UNREAL REFLECTIONS Product is released will be eligible for a discount when UNREAL REFLECTIONS becomes available.

Can you clarify a little, do you mean the Skyshop reflections is over-riding the Candela Reflections or visa-versa? Thanks.

Thanks for your question, please read the reply to nasos_333 above, however you are right, it should not be called 'upgrade' we will change this as it could cause confusion. So basically, everyone who currently own a license for Candela SSRR or purchase Candela SSRR Until UNREAL REFLECTIONS Product is released will be eligible for a discount when UNREAL REFLECTIONS becomes available.

Cheers!

HAPPY NEW YEAR SPECIAL !

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great and grand news :), thanks, cant wait for the GI and the new reflections pack.

20. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

The sky shop reflections are overpowering the ones from candela

21. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi,

Please make sure Candela is set to Physically Correct Blend mode so it will add the SSRR on top of Skyshop reflections using a mask. The issue is since Candela reflects everything it sees, it is possible that it is also reflecting the reflections by skyshop thereby doubling or increasing the exposure of the skyshop reflection, hence it can look overpowered, this is not such a bad thing and in actuality can look great if adjusted/tweaked. To actually correct this more accurately, is not as simple as it seems, look at Unreal 4 reflections and the way they have integrated their SSR with their global IBL probes, it works great because the SSR has to be designed from the outset to work with reflection probes /IBL .

Hint, our upcoming UNREAL REFLECTIONS Product...

Cheers,
    Livenda

HAPPY NEW YEAR SPECIAL !

22. Zomby138

Zomby138

So your Unreal Reflections product is basically screen space reflections with cube map fall back right?

Will the cube maps support parallax box projections? How about sphere and cylinder projections?

kurylo3d likes this.
  23. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

And how about fading between cubemap locations?

24. irwit

irwit

Hi all

Ive bought this pluggin but its not working exactly how I would of liked?

Basiclly I have my scene, a car in an environment, its looks how I want it with skyshop for reflections, light bakes etc. All I want SSRR for is a reflections of the car in the floor. However from what I can tell, if I want the car to reflect in the floor, this automatically makes the car "reflective" and add additional reflections to my car. Currently you use layers to add the objects you want to reflect but really you need a list of objects that will reflect things and a list of objects that you want to reflect in your scene.

Is something like thsi possible in the current version and I just haven't figured out how to do it ?

25. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey Livenda, I have a quick question, is candela working in Unity 5? I'm using the beta and would love to give this a go and see the changes.

26. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi and thanks for your purchase, you can use the Diffuse alpha to modulate the reflection strength on per material basis and without selecting a layer to mask from the main Candela script objects will reflect everything. In the next version you will be able to select multiple layers to mask reflections... I think this is what you were asking for? thanks again.

Almost:) , just a few more things to tidy up and the next version update should be working fine with the 'current beta of Unity 5' provided the next coming Unity 5 updates don't break anything, then we will update again.

Cheers!

HAPPY NEW YEAR SPECIAL !

KRGraphics likes this.
  27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey @LIVENDA. *waves*

In Unity 5, will Candela and Unreal Reflections still be using the shader's output alpha to control reflection intensity, or will you be using the new deferred g-buffer to gather all the relevant data? I ask because I want to make sure Alloy 3 for Unity 5 integrates nicely with the next versions of your products, and just want to know what changes I should be making in preparation.

Thanks.

28. niosop2

niosop2

Can they use the output alpha anymore? b13 release notes seem to indicate that alpha is always 1 for non-transparent objects now.

29. Gokcan

Gokcan

I have used candela with unity 5 beta 13. It is not working. we have projects already ported to unity5. Why we are still waiting for? Candela should support unity5 immediately.

30. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

We are working right now to get Candela SSRR working with Unity 5, we have many great new options with Unity 5 and there is a high possibility to increase performance / quality significantly due to the availability of new g-buffers. So, we are investigating the best method of integration and making sure it plays well with the new standard Unity 5 PBS shaders. We are doing our best to complete this asap, however I cannot provide a specific time frame at this stage. If you wish you are more then welcome to contact us directly or we will contact you when we are a little further with the integration which should not be much longer. All the best with your wonderful product!

Cheers!
    Livenda

HAPPY NEW YEAR SPECIAL !

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

@GLID3R82
    You can't use Candela with Unity Free because it is an image effect.

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LIVENDA
    It's not super important, I just wanted to check in and see if there was something simple I could do in preparation. Alloy 3 is, mostly, using the same G-Buffer layout as Unity's standard shaders. We're currently storing roughness instead of smoothness, but that would be simple to change if necessary. So if you end up using that approach it should, ideally, just work without any issues.

EDIT: Not sure if it will make a difference, but we do use the unused channels of the g-buffer for some additional information.

33. Cameron_SM

Cameron_SM

Was just about to pick this up, still November and all, but it's back to $125 on the asset store. :(

34. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LIVENDA
    Scratch what I said earlier. We're just going to switch to using smoothness in our Gbuffer. I figure that will make everyone's lives easier, especially if new third party frameworks rely on Unity's specific gbuffer layout. Our shaders will still expose a Roughness parameter since we've built our pipeline around that.

35. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Thanks for the heads up, we are progressing well with Unity 5 integration.

Hi, since Unity held the 24-hour sale for us they reverted the price back to the original when completed before the end of November, however we have some special news (for multiple products not just Candela SSRR) any day now for Christmas!

Cheers
    Livenda

shkar-noori and blueivy like this.
  36. Axiomatic

Axiomatic

Any ETA on Unity 5 support, even just rough extra safe ballpark? Like +or- a week or two? :)

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LIVENDA
    I'm currently trying to convince Unity to make AO a standard part of their Gbuffer layout (in the albedo buffer's free alpha channel). We already employ that in our direct lighting specular occlusion, but it has use beyond that. I figured that it would be useful to you guys since you could do ambient occlusion on Unreal Reflections, and some specular occlusion on that and Candela. I've submitted a bug for it and it is a simple change, so here's hoping it will happen. X>_<X

elbows, KRGraphics, Axiomatic and 2 others like this.
  38. giraffe1

giraffe1

how can i get candella to ignore multiple layers?

39. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

Compatibility for unity5 and exclude layers for not reflecting on player for god sakes! this is a must have plugin!

KRGraphics likes this.
  40. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi, does Candela support substance materials? It seems that changing alpha channel on primary color doesn't work (no reflections) as it does with normal textures.

41. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Candel SSRR V1.03 is almost ready to be submitted to the Asset Store with great new additions ' plus ' Multiple Layer exclusion selections ! We will have more info on all the changes for this update as soon as it is submitted, cheers.

THANKS for this great and very encouraging comment! We are happy to say that 'Multiple' layer exclusion selection together with other great new features are part of the new update coming before Christmas.

First, thanks for your purchase! We have received your support request via e-mail and we will get back to you asap to help you to get Candela SSRR working with substance materials together with the workflow required, thanks again.

Cheers!

42. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

HAPPY NEW YEAR SPECIAL !

Unity Asset Store
    Cheers Everyone
    Livenda

43. gurayg

gurayg

Hi Livenda,
    Any news on Unity 5 new deferred render + Candela? or tests you've made with Unity 5?

44. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

yes please for god sakes ! unity cant go on without candela for AAA games !

45. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Yes we have and so far working great! Unity 5 compatibility will be available in V1.04 (as we have to test it thoroughly) , however our next update (V1.03) will be available before Christmas with a bunch of new additions as mentioned in our previous post. Thanks.

Agreed:)

Cheers.
    Livenda

46. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LIVENDA
    Okay, according to the beta 18 release notes, Unity made AO in the diffuse buffer alpha a standard feature of the gbuffer! So we can now count on that. :)

KRGraphics likes this.
  47. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Thanks, just read this as well and it's great that UT5 is establishing the final release feature targets we can work with amongst others.

Cheers

48. Kronnect

Kronnect

I can just say I'm in love with Candela. It makes scenes look gorgeous!

49. Kronnect

Kronnect

I have found that Candela doesn't work ok in WebGL exports in Unity 5 Beta 18. Can you confirm this please?

50. Pulov

Pulov

No update?