Search Unity

Screen Space Fluids Shaders [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by korzen303, Jun 18, 2016.

1. dansav

dansav

Is there any way that this could work with webgl or mobile apps?

2. korzen303

korzen303

@dansav SSF shaders probably yes, but uFlex is using CUDA and, as far as I know, there is no WebGL plugin or mobile device (except maybe NVidia Jetson) supporting CUDA. However, latest Flex 1.1 was ported to DirectCompute so in theory it should be also possible to reimplement it for webgl compute shaders.

3. dansav

dansav

Is it possible to use SSF shaders with unity particles and output as WebGL?

4. korzen303

korzen303

Yes, you can use it with standard particles. The SSF shaders are quite complex, but in theory it should work.

5. papathor

papathor

Hi Korzen,

I've tried contacting you via the support email in the asset store page. When an object in moved in front of the SSF, the fluid is drawn on top of it regardless of its actual position. How do I resolve this?

6. korzen303

korzen303

@papathor, which Unity version are you using? This should be fixed for 5.5. Are you using the latest SSF/SSF Pro version (0.11 and 0.31 respectively)

7. papathor

papathor

I'm using 5.6.1 and the latest SSF Pro, the problem is still persisting.

8. papathor

papathor

Actually when did you last update it? I haven't reinstalled SSF since I sent you the first (of two) emails about this problem.

9. 3DRaddict

3DRaddict

I have a similar problem as papathor

Here are some pics illustrating the problem in my project:

When I place the white evaporating dish (uses just a Unity standard shader) in front of the glass beaker containing some SSFPro liquid, the liquid (only) is not hidden by the dish, but shows through it.....as follows:

And when I pour some of the liquid from the beaker into the dish, the liquid is visible through the sides of the opaque dish.....as follows:

The same applies to the funnel...when liquid is poured into it, the liquid is visible through the funnel sides.

Seems to be some kind of particle sorting problem?
    The liquid consists of standard Unity particles with SSFPro shaders applied

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  10. yty

yty

Using uflex+ ssf Pro...
    Is it possible to do a variety of fluids in a single scene?

Example:

Water + bloodLiquid
    Sewage + clean water
    redLiquid + greenLiquid

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  11. 3DRaddict

3DRaddict

Please could I have a response on my problem above.
    Is there a possibility of a quick fix?
    A bit of a bummer if not.....I'll have to turn all my opaque objects into transparent glass ! :(

12. 3DRaddict

3DRaddict

I can only assume that the lack of comment from the developer 'korzen303' implies that that he has no solution.
    This means that I also cannot use uFlex (which I also purchased from the same developer ), since I was hoping to apply the SSFPro shaders to the uFlex liquids in my project.

This example adds to my reluctance to purchase from the Asset Store.....once you've made a purchase you cannot always be sure of the developer's timely support.

13. jugadorgl

jugadorgl

The same problem.
    Fluids are completely visible through a transparent object with any alpha.
    Although logically the transparent object should darken the fluids depending on the alpha value.
    ps:unity 5.5.4 ad 5.6.3

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  14. jugadorgl

jugadorgl

15. korzen303

korzen303

16. jugadorgl

jugadorgl

to @korzen303
    Thanks.
    Could you fix the bug with full visibility of the liquid through the materials with the alpha channel?
    It is necessary that the visibility decreases with the decrease in the transparency of the material.

17. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

@korzen303 I am curious if you have done any performance bench marks between screen space fluids and obi fluid. I plan on working for VR so I am trying to pick the most optimized solution.

Edit: Would also like to know if multiple fluids in a single scene are supported, as there is a review on the store page that says only one is.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  18. JeffreyStrate

JeffreyStrate

Obi-Flüssigkeit is Only CPU Maximale kompatibilität ( Particel 3000 > FPS 50) 8x Core Obi have less error

GPU is better uflex and Screen Fluid ( Particel 6000 > FPS 60) 8x Core - more error code Build Freez

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  19. JeffreyStrate

JeffreyStrate

Hab ich auch denn Fehler--

20. RelSavo

RelSavo

Firstly, I'm so glad I found this along with Uflex; it's quite difficult to actually get work done sometimes when I'm having so much fun playing around with the liquid simulation.

Anyhow speaking of work, I'm trying to implement this into a VR solution and while uflex and the shader function quite well in with the Oculus I'm running into a bit of an issue. When I tie the SSF script into the camera of the Oculus rig I get a split vision instead of the uniform vision you normally get (shown below).

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking the question, but it seems applicable. In any case, I figured I'd post something here to see if anyone else has any ideas while I tinker and try to solve my own problems.

cheers!

21. korzen303

korzen303

@RelSavo Please try setting Stereo Rendering Method in Player/XR Settings to MultiPass

22. RelSavo

RelSavo

Thank you so much korzen303 that totally worked!

23. Zbad

Zbad

@korzen303 Can you migrate the "SSF_Pro_v0.31 uFlex_v0.55 Integration" package to use the Post Processing Stack (preferably v2)? ImageEffects were deprecated at some point, with the recommendation to use PostProcessingStack instead.

24. KillerNads

KillerNads

Couldn't find any publishers email or contact details on the asset page so posting here:

Is this asset compatible with Desktop VR or is it too demanding?

25. Ravenshadow

Ravenshadow

The system works pretty good. The only problem I'm having is with multiple particle systems in the scene. It only ever seems to draw the last system that was initialized. Is there any way to have multiple systems running at the same time? For instance I have enemies that vomit acid but it only ever draws the last entity that walked in.

I'm not above modifying the system myself if you can point me in the proper direction.

It'd also be nice to use more than one fluid type in a scene (like to use it for both acid and blood) but with the color properties and stuff on a single class on the camera it doesn't seem like it supports that yet. Any ideas would be helpful.

The asset has a lot of potential.

26. petersvp

petersvp

Sadly it looks like the dev is not longer "nearby". Still, I think i will be able to implement the color-per-particle thing

27. HakJak

HakJak

Hi Petersvp. I saw in your review on this shader you were able to make it work with multiple particle systems. Would you be willing to share your version of the code with me?

28. dongfangliu

dongfangliu