Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Space - Camera Canvas and Orthographic Camera

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by Kujo87, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Kujo87

Kujo87

Hi,

Upgraded my project from 5.4 to 5.5b5. I have my UI rendering on a canvas using Screen Space - Camera, and its rendering correctly when in Perspective mode, but its tiny when in Orthographic. (See screenshots)

On my canvas, I have a Canvas Scaler using UI Scale Mode "Scale with Screen Size" at 640x960

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 09.48.45.png
    Perspective Camera displaying UI correctly

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 09.51.10.png

Orthographic camera (which is needed for Game) rendering small.

2. Kujo87

Kujo87

Just been playing around with an empty scene and I was able to create a Canvas in "Screen Space - Camera", and position something in the corner in both Perspective and Orthographic, but as soon I changed the Render Mode to something else, it basically broke and wouldn't readjust its size again to match the camera. I'm guessing something like this has happened in my scene?

Thanks

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Kujo87,
    Thanks for reporting this! Could you please file a bug report and reply with the case # in this thread?

4. Kujo87

Kujo87

I'll send over the latter tests I was doing - my main project that was reported above is too big to send and I haven't been able to fully replicate that in a test scene. case number to follow

LeonhardP likes this.
  5. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

There is already one thread opened with the same issue about Canvas Scaler.
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/canvas-scaler.429784/

But it would definitely be good if there is additional repro project for Unity team available.
    There is still no info about if they have traced the source of the issue.
    Or at least to give us some workaround to the problem.