Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Screen positions incorrect when using pixel perfect camera

Discussion in '2D' started by sballew7, Apr 7, 2021.

1. sballew7

sballew7

Hi all,

I'm encountering an issue where using my URP pixel perfect camera to map a screen point to a ray is producing incorrect results.

Consider the following code, which uses the Enhanced Touch API to receive a Touch instance.

Code (CSharp):
    2. private bool IsTouchingSelf(Touch touch)
    3.         {
    4.             Ray raycast = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay(touch.screenPosition);
    5.             Debug.DrawRay(raycast.origin, raycast.direction.normalized * 15, Color.red, 5f);
    7.             var hit = Physics2D.Raycast(
    8.                 raycast.origin,
    9.                 raycast.direction,
    10.                 Mathf.Infinity,
    11.                 targetLayers);
    13.             if ((hit.collider != null ? hit.collider.gameObject : null) == gameObject)
    14.             {
    15.                 return true;
    16.             }
    18.             return false;
    19.         }
    When running this, the ray is drawn in a location a few units away from where the touch actually occurred. This is in the editor when the game view is in a tab.

If I maximize the game view, it works as expected. Further, if I disable the Pixel Perfect component on the camera, it again works as expected.

Has anybody encountered this? Should I be doing something other than `ScreenPointToRay` to account for pixel perfect camera modifications?

Thanks!

2. Blake067

Blake067

I encountered same issue:(

3. Blake067

Blake067

I found the reason, the pixel perfect camera's "Crop Frame" was turned on, which caused the camera's ViewPort Rect be modified.
    Code (CSharp):
    2.         // pointer = inputAction.ReadValue<Vector2>();
    3.         public Vector2 CorrectByRect(Camera camera, Vector2 pointer)
    4.         {
    5.             var size = camera.rect.size;
    6.             var offset = camera.pixelRect.position;
    7.             return new Vector2(pointer.x * size.x + offset.x, pointer.y * size.y + offset.y);
    8.         }

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
unityunity