Search Unity

Screen keyboard input for mobile

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by HeyNau, Apr 24, 2018.

1. HeyNau

HeyNau

Hi there!

First of all, thank you for your time.

Im trying to get any kind of input from the screen keyboard feature with mobile devices. I want that, using that keyboard, in realtime, detect it in the application. As a real keyboard does for PC.

I could create something similar, detecting changes on the string in the Update method, and if there's any change I can read the typed letter, but....How could I detect a backspace or any special key?

Also I would like to know how to manipulate the "background" application without closing the keyboard. You know that when we press outside of the keyboard it will close, can we avoid this? Keep the keyboard active all the time?

And by last, I've also been trying to disable the upper text field in the keyboard (that one that comes by default) Is there any way to unable that text field? I don't mean the UI text field in the Unity project, i mean the keyboard's one.

I've been looking for a couple days all this info and I only can find old posts without any response or answers that did not understand the question.

Hope you can help me on any of this questions.
    Thank you for everything!
    Nau.