Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Screen Crack Distort Effect

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by OutDoorsScene, Sep 26, 2022.

1. OutDoorsScene

OutDoorsScene

Hello,

How can I create a Distortion effect around the screen with some shards of glass having a bigger offset then others?
    Glass crack effect.jpg

2. akent99

akent99

I don't know which version of Unity or which pipeline, but I found this channel useful with scriptable pipelines. You can do it as a post processing effect with shader graph (but I don't think can do it as a sheet of broken glass in the lens in the scene, which you could do in the past due to a "grab buffer" or something).

3. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

if that helps, there's also some very nice samples in latest HDRP showing how to use Full Screen Shader Graph Master Node
    upload_2022-9-29_12-0-20.png

upload_2022-9-29_12-0-35.png

4. OutDoorsScene

OutDoorsScene

The Full Screen Shader Graph seems to cause crashes in 2023.1. Is there a workaround without shaders that is not performance heavy? i.e. 5 cameras.

5. Matjio

Matjio

Unity Technologies

I think there is a regression around shaders compilation in general in 23.1.
    Full screen Shader Graph is also already available in 22.2.