Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Capture Software (was 3d Modeling.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by puyaceo, Mar 6, 2012.

1. puyaceo

puyaceo

Hey,

I need a 3d Modeling Software for making Videos of the Modeling. Any Artists know of any great Software for this? I would like something free. I do not want a Video designer I would like something that makes a picture if you click etc..

2. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

3. puyaceo

puyaceo

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  4. c-Row

c-Row

5. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

6. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Blender, like said above. You said you wanted a 3D modelling application. If you want a screen recorder fraps, cam studio or camtasia for windows and Screenflow for mac.

7. drewradley

drewradley

What you are looking for is a camera. :)

8. vdek

vdek

Look at Xsplit and/or twitch.tv... You can also use Skype to stream your desktop.

9. NTDC-DEV

NTDC-DEV

Can't blender do renders? (just like in 3ds Max you can render a showreel of your scene, export to an avi)

Also you can get full 3ds max for free with an educational licence. (as long as you don't use it for commercial uses you don't need to justify you educational need... I believe they call it an "un-employed" licence)

10. puyaceo

puyaceo

Yes. I would like exactly what software is in that video. The screen software not the 3d modeling application. I google everywhere for it its nowhere. I like camstia though that is video and I want that software in the video. I pm the guy about it also and not talking about what software they worked with says they do not know it is.

11. vdek

vdek

Your posts are so hard to understand puya...

12. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

OK I keep getting confused with what you are asking...

"What is the software IN that video"? That is PhotoShop CS.
    Photoshop does not record what you are doing as you do it, though (and its definitively not free.)

"What is the software used to record that video"? Cant tell by looking at the video but the fastest video capture app I used so far is FRAPs and would not be shocked if that's what the guy used. It's not free, but it's only 37 bucks.

It's so fast that it's commonly used to (and likely designed with the goal of) record videos of games for walkthroughs or reference without harming framerate too harshly.

I THINK English is not his first language.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

14. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

my tip is dyslexia, (living in the USA) not his fault, tho. have a friend that has it too, Pain in the .....

15. Haledire

Haledire

As a side note, blender does actually have an internal screencast ability (no audio so if you want commentary you'll need to edit some into the video via your preferred video editing software, or even blender's compositor).

Here's a youtube video by cganim8tor that'll give you a rough idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhtrUP5qOLA
    Researching it a bit, the video is going to take into account the size of your blender window when you do the screencast, and the settings as to how your screencast is produced will be based on your rendering settings of the file.

There's also a button on the header of the 3D View that'll let you screenshot the viewport.

But yeah, this is only helpful knowledge if you happen to be using blender to do all your modelling.

16. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

17. lmbarns

lmbarns