Search Unity

Score System Of Aim Trainer Game

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by shubham_og, Mar 12, 2022.

1. shubham_og

shubham_og

My question is, how can i make a score system in my Aim Training game which is more reliable and based on user's skill level rather than basic hard coding it to plus/minus points per hit on target (In my case target is an 3d sphere).

I want to take it to the next level like making it dynamic as much as possible.

I have tried:-
    1. Adding extra points to score when the reaction time of user is good on hitting the target.
    2. Adding extra points when user is on a good streak of hitting target continuously.
    How can i make it more better for the user to be competitive and more skillful to play. Some algorithms will be helpful.

2. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

you could try to discern if the player is improving.

like after a certain number of completed courses, compare their mean score and see if it is improving. Then let them know if they are or not.

You could also compare average scores from different types of game modes. Like if they are doing good at reflex trainer but poor at some other game type, maybe the game offers bonus points if they do better on the weakness.

Or you could further encourage areas they are doing good at first. Like, "hey you are awesome at reflex trainer, bonus points if you do even better." That way you build up the ego a bit before suggesting real challenge.

There is a lot of educational games out there you might look at for inspiration. Like games where you learn to play piano, or even coding and math games. I dunno how useful they actually are but they are certainly good at being addictive and at least making people believe they are progressing.

3. shubham_og

shubham_og

Thanks for your amazing response, i really look forward to it. While the things you mentioned i think they are part of reward system like you show reports to the player how he had performed in the task and keep him engaged with challenge. Or i am completely mis-understanded you so really sorry for that.

My question is related to score system, let me explain my question more. I want to make the score system full dynamic and skillful for example, if the player hits 35 targets and he gets 10 points for each so the total score is 350 and if he repeats and hits same no of targets but this time he completes task in 15 sec less but the score is 350 still so this score system is too static.
    I mentioned 2 ways i am making it dynamic in my question and looking for more inspiration. So it would be great if you can help me with this. :)

4. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Oh i see.

I think the idea of measuring player improvement can be at both macro level and micro. In other words, measure how they are doing from game to game, but you can also measure improvement (like you mentioned) within a single game.

I think just adding multipliers like you've described is pretty typical thing to do. A lot of arcade zombie shooters do that - like the more you kill the higher the multiplier gets, and it also gives more multipliers based on killing in certain ways. And then of course if you miss then the multiplier is reset.

So you might have that base score per target, then just add multipliers to it for things like "killed X targets in X amount of time". I mean you can come up with endless things. Just play the game for a bit and come up with challenges that are fun to try and get and then just write them down and translate to logic.

If its an aim trainer and you are mimicking some popular shooters, you could also look at them and see if they have some scoring system you can copy as well.

5. shubham_og

shubham_og

Yeah i really like the idea of player improvement on micro and macro level. Thank you bro for all these tips. <3