Search Unity

Scifi Level Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hedgehog-Team, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

After few week of work, we are glad to present you, the Scifi Level Kit. If you know our 'Toon Level Kit', this is the same principle, but for realistic scifi environments!

You can create 3rd person games or FPS games for PC or tablet devices. More than 120 high quality prefabs (walls , floors, props, computers, pre-builded corridors, rooms, more to come...). Optimized for tablet (the spaceship demo , provided with the pack, run between 25/30 fps on ipad 2, without optimisation , and normal maps activated + 1 pixel light + x2 antialias).

The prefabs are allready configured with their lights/ particles/sound effects. You hate to make light in your games? With the sci fi level kit you put your prefabs on the scene, and you start calculating the lightmap. Thats all! The spaceship scene content only 4 additional lights (to simulate the sun light from the outside), all the level lightning is made by prefabs.

We chose, to not make another space creepy/dark environment... but more startrek and starwar for the design. The maps, of course, are provided with the pack, but not the music (licenced).

You can find them here : http://www.freesound.org/people/ERH/sounds/163480/

Scifi Level Kit is released and available on Unity AssetSotre

Link to assetstore

Important note for the first customers :

In the scene, we have forgotten to remove the flag 'STATIC' on the door prefabs (required to calculate the lightmap), do not post inflammatory review saying that the kit not work , and the hedgehog team su..ks

At first launch doors may not open if you have unity pro and 'STATIC BATCHING' enabled.

Solutions for unity pro :

Disable the static batching for the time of the test, or, click on each door parent and click on inspector checkbox 'STATIC' to de-static the prefab.

It's a quick patch before the fix, but the pack is big (more than 200 mo to upload) and the unity validation take lot of time...

A spaceship visit to show you the creation possibilities :

http://www.blitz3dfr.com/WB/SLK/WP1/WebPlayer.html

A little visit to show some of the room prefabs provided ;

http://www.blitz3dfr.com/WB/SLK/WP2/WebPlayer.html

A video of the current pak level compiled for ipad 2 :) We get 25/30 FPS and very smooth moves (ipad stuck a little, almost blue teleporters, but I think I abused a bit rate of particles at this point of the map :) ...)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

How much and how long will this be before we can buy it?

3. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

As expected, it looks amazing. Great job!!!

Would really like to have a spaceship hanger with doors that open that you can fly out of.

$hangar4.jpg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  4. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

It will be at the same price than our Toon Level Kit (40$), and we are going to submit it to Unity this week.

5. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

great deal thank you.

6. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi pixelsteam,

Its a very good idea, but we have already plan it for the next release ! :) Of course hanger is a must have for a scifi pack :)

7. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

A video of Sci fi level kit on IPAD2, without any optimisation from PC webplayer

8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

+100

I was thinking just this. Its a big part of our game.

9. Jaimi

Jaimi

This looks really good, like the deck of the Normandy. :)

10. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Very inspiring picture! we promise to try to repeat the same for the next update! Hedgehog promise! it will be an extension of the current map. We hope that the graphic bias please? :)

11. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

HedgeHog you rock!!!
    $funny-hedgehog-on-computer-keyboard-445x299.jpg

12. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Lol :) Many thanks :) Nice pict!

13. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

And for those who do not want or do not have the patience to make their own map. We planned to deliver with the kit parts corridor crossing, living room, control room etc ... Here is a short prefabs visit, you play lego :)

We will add more on the next update.

http://www.blitz3dfr.com/WB/SLK/WP2/WebPlayer.html

14. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Finally the make your game easy button!!! I love that. This will be a big part of our game.

15. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Sounds good! But do not dream ... The magical games creator, does not exist yet :) But let's say you can rapidly prototype maps.

Its your project ? : http://spacedwarves.com/

16. ZJP

ZJP

Oh p.t...!!! :eek: :eek:

17. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Coucou ZJP :) Et oui on a encore frappé, dur j'espère :) En tout cas on y a mis tout notre coeur.

18. ZJP

ZJP

Futur best-seller. Aucun doute. Achat day one. ;)

Nice job, as usual. ;)

19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Yes it is. We are using http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/169167-RPG-Kit-2-0 for the main game. Your asset has exactly the look that will fit with our style. The more assets you make in this style the more I will buy.

20. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

We are submiting the pack to unity :) Do not hesitate to send your maps ( created with the kit) screenshot to the team! :)

21. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Will do once we have some.

22. tectuma

tectuma

Shut up and take my money!!! LOL this is what I have been looking for! Please please email me at support@tectuma.com as soon as it is available! (book marks this page just in case)...

23. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Um, Tectuma. No free bookmarks. Sorry.
    Amazing bloody art.

24. tectuma

tectuma

I just showed my better 1/2... And also bookmarked the page on my home computer... lol

25. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi

Thanks for your comment tectuma, we will try to think to contact you when the pack released :)

Important note for the first customers :

In the scene, we have forgotten to remove the flag 'STATIC' on the door prefabs (required to calculate the lightmap), do not post inflammatory review saying that the kit not work , and the hedgehog team su..ks :)

At first launch doors may not open if you have unity pro and 'STATIC BATCHING' enabled.

Solutions for unity pro :

Disable the static batching for the time of the test, or, click on each door parent and click on inspector checkbox 'STATIC' to de-static the prefab.

It's a quick patch before the fix, but the pack is big (more than 200 mo to upload) and the unity validation take lot of time...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  26. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Will there be a first week sale on this? Just need to know how much to put aside.

27. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

We have submitted the pack Tuesday, maybe it will be released friday :) the price will be the same as the toon level kit, 40 $.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  28. quantumsheep

quantumsheep

I have to say this set looks stunning!

It certainly looks to be up to your usual high standards!

QS =D

29. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

look awesome

30. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hey :) Thanks for comments :)

It's filax from Hedgehog Team, i don't know from your side, but i really love the unity lightmapper... Beast is just a pure lightmap tool. I have try to test the radiosity with our Scifi level kit, and i want to show you some rendering with the Beast setup (unity pro)

For this scene, I pulled off the skylight (O intensity value) because I wanted to see only the bounce of my own lights, which are in prefabs. The rendering with radiosity is very loooonnng to compute :) But I found the rendering cool.

To see bigger image, pull down right mouse, and display picture under new tab and zoom.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  31. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Hay along with the hanger for the first update can you guys make more living type areas of a ship like personal quarters, medical bay and mess hall props? Also like bridge and engine room props? Your kit for our game will be the capital ships and space stations. We have big plans for this kit, oh yes that's right big plans mahahaha.

32. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

We hate to give release dates, because we try not to have time constraints in order, to polish up the best projects we finish. :) But I promised you that the hangar will be the next release :)

For information, we begin to imagine this project there in 6 months.it takes time to imagine the pieces :) Each prefab comes multiple questions : is it useful? beautiful? it can be used to do something else? For each prefabs...

We started modeling there two months and the texturing (looking for the best compromise dirt, cleanliness) has been a headache for a month. So in the end we have 3 months of very intensive production (we have not slept much during this period...is that on CGP, guys do not understand :) do these packages takes time,it's work)

And at some point, this kind of big project. you burn out ... The project NEED to be released else it's a never end story... :) (i know poor hedgehog...)

I'll make a list of things that we have planned for the next releases:

- An engine room
    - A hangar ship :)
    - A laboratory
    - Props to fill the tables
    - Others stuff.. secret...

We do not release all of the 15 days, but when we do, it is usually a large and cool. This is the price to pay :) But we try to make a release since 2/3 months.

33. ZJP

ZJP

The pack is still not on the Asset Store (I check every hour. :D ). Hurry up !!! UT. :(

BTW, Hi FiLax from JP (Blitz 3DFR forum.). Happy to see you in a new Adventure. :)

34. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Salut ZJP,

En ce moment Unity met beaucoup de temps pour valider les packages environ 2 semaines ...

Nicolas

Edit filax : Oh tu sais j'y suis depuis le debut dans l'aventure hedgehog :) Hedgehog se compose de nous deux :)

35. ZJP

ZJP

:( :( Patience donc...

Bonne nouvelle. Bon courage et bonne continuation à vous deux. :D

36. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Still no word?

37. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Always in pending review :-(

38. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I sent you guys a PM.

39. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

40. squared55

squared55

Looks excellent! I just wish it was a more realistic style so that it would fit with my current art direction...

41. GPSchnyder

GPSchnyder

On the pictures it looks like it, but I need to know one thing. Will it be easy to do a topdown game with this assets? i.e. Can you remove the roof without Problems? Or male it transparent? On the one image showing the Level from up above it looks like the Models are all closed on the upper side, even as the roof is removed. Just need to know...
    George

42. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

43. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi GPSchnyder ,

Scifi Level Kit is composed of several models, and we made prefabs for you, but you can just as well do without ceiling.
    The objects were designed to do what you requested.

44. ZJP

ZJP

Deal !! :D

Btw, do not forget to put a Robot Arm in the laboratory/hangar.

45. Shavik

Shavik

Loving the pack so far but I have one quick question... When I move the room prefabs around in the scene, I move them via their centers.

If I update the room's prefab from code, the transform.position appears to be at the corner of the room, not the center.

Any thoughts?

46. trajan

trajan

Question...

Looking through the file list in the Unity Asset Store... it looks like you do not release the .PSD or vector files used to create the Floors_And_Cieling png files. I would like to change the look of the sci fi level by changing the pngs. More importantly... I would like to use Substances to lower the download size.

My question is... would it be possible to get the source Photoshop/GIMP/Vector files for the textures when you buy the asset???

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  47. c-Row

c-Row

Getting some nice System Shock 2 flashbacks from those pictures. :) So many great sci-fi assets lately.

48. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi :)

Shavik : Yes it is normal for the pivot to the corner. The SCIFI level kit has been made by using the rules of the modular level design. And all the masters of this art, say : "To the corner you need to place the pivot, to help the users to align easily the prefabs" :) (Informations)

Trajan : Due to the size of the package we have not released the pack with psd files (to much bigger with all layers).

c-Row : Many thanks !

Zjp : Merci ! Si tu trouves le pack bien hesites pas sur la review :) J'espère que tu apprécieras le travail que nous avons fait.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  49. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Just got this. I'm looking it over now.
    But I must say I am doing the happy dance.

You guys must be working on the update. I felt a tremmer in the force.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  50. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi dreamlarp

Yes, there are plans to add a number of things. But it should give us time.

In addition we do not want to grow too fast packs to keep a pack at a reasonable price