Search Unity

Sci Fi STRIKE TROOP from Arteria3d

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by arteria, Sep 28, 2011.

1. arteria

arteria

Continuing the Sci Fi theme, that Arteria are driving over the next month, we have just launched our new Sci Fi Character to our groewing Animated Character Section of the site.

The STRIKE TROOP Character is provided with a full set of over 40 Combat Driven Animations, including basic animations such as walk, run, climb also.

Why not combine this with our SciFi Assault Troop, to start populating your Sci Fi World.

Product Page:
    http://arteria3d.corecommerce.com/StrikeTroop.html

2. crockett

crockett

Looks good but something you guys and other char pre-fab companies should think about, is offering first person matching hands weapons. I'd assume that most people looking to use these kind of char prefabs would want them for FPS. This means they either have to use some other FP hands guns and try to make them match or create their own. In most cases if they could create their own I'm sure they would just also build their own chars.

If you offered them as a separate pre-fab maybe sell the char with hands as a optional package I'm sure you would up your sales. There really aren't a lot of of pre-fab animated arms/hands with matching guns out there, so it's a pretty open market IMO.

3. OldRod

OldRod

Nice!

4. arteria

arteria

Crockett, can you elaborate further on what you would need me to do with what you described

Steve

5. crockett

crockett

Well wouldn't be for me specifically. (If I did a FPS it would likely be a modern shooter and not sci-fi) However a typical first person shooter shows the players arms/hands holding a gun and typically also gives them a first person view while aiming the gun. (ie iron sights or scoped)

Normally, they include a high poly version of the gun with various animations like reloading, aiming, firing and at idle.

Quick random example of a hand gun example I found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvM-XoPPHas

from the same guy this is a sub machine gun example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFlUrIlnpLs

(again no clue who made them, just did a quick search on youtube)

Just might be something to think about, because there is getting to be a decent amount of pre-fab chars out there, but I've yet to ever see any that had optional matching arms/hands gun for the first person view, so it might be a area worth looking into as a pre-fab company.

6. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks really good. No use for it at the moment but likely down the road. Great stuff.

For the first person shooter hands, could you not simply place the camera at the eye level of the character model? Wouldn't that give you a view of the models arms and guns?

7. arteria

arteria

the thing is with just providing hands, thats all the other players will see? No body, just the hands. Or is this idea not directed at multi player games

Thanks

Steve

8. Ullukai

Ullukai

Looking good as always ! I'm looking forward to using this one later on too :)

Regarding the FPS idea, i would just use a camera in a different view no ? Usually these characters he has has all animations you need as well like aiming,running,shooting, etc.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  9. crockett

crockett

It's just a different camera view, that almost all first person shooters use, rather that a 3rd person above the char. In a multi play game the other players would see the char you created above and the only person that would see the first person view would be the person playing that char. It's pretty much how all first person shooters work these days.

Not a biggie either way, just figured I'd toss out the suggestion, because there are very few animated hands/arms with guns for FPS. I think for example there is only 1 set available on turbosquid.

Either way your char looks pretty nice and it's very cheap price.

10. battlespace

battlespace

11. Jaimi

Jaimi

I like this guy. Great work like always, Steve!

I guess everyone wants different things. Instead of disembodied hands, I personally would like to see these guys have human heads under those helmets, and be able to remove them.

12. TehWut

TehWut

Are you sure? I think most modern shooter games (like BlackOps for example) use an LOD (or whatever it's called.) It has lower quality textures, animations, and lower polycounts. Then the "first person" hudguns are created with higher quality models and animations. If you see someone reloading for instance, from first person view, it's not as detailed as your reload animation......

13. crockett

crockett

What I meant was it was a different view in the First Person (that requires the separate arms/hands/gun model), rather than a over head 3rd person view. If people want to use them in a FPS, they would then have to create the FPView of the detailed arms,hands,Guns + animations. One could assume if the end user (customer) was capable of creating the FPV models, they could also create a char from scratch. This means the end user less likely to buy a pre-fab char and a potential sale is lost. If creating an additional matching FPV set of arms, hands Gun he could likely spur extra sales from people looking to create FPS games.

Anyway wasn't trying to side track his model topic, it was just an idea that might push extra sales toward the guys that are creating char pre-fabs, such as this one.

I still like this char btw and it's a great price.

14. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

15. arteria

arteria

Thanks for all the great comments. I checked out 3drt's arms.. very nicely executed. Its so good, im not sure i could do as good!!! hehe

3drt, is it easy to implement? Is it basically just taking my characters arms, and the existing animations?

Best wishes

Steve

16. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Need custom bones and animations for these. Regular's character animations won't work well.