Search Unity

Games Sci Fi Fighter

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by kris_enteryes, Feb 23, 2021.

1. kris_enteryes

kris_enteryes

Hi, my first game as a solo dev, Im more of an artist / creative so I am hoping to get some advice and hopefully avoid some obvious unity gave dev pot holes.

Here'd the first build of my game:

First ever question here! Im currently working on split screen atm and plan to move on to network version, once I have it feeling good. Can anyone recommend the easiest and best way to do this. I looked at Photon, its seemed cool, is it the best?? Or should I consider the Unity version.

Thanks!!!

------

And some info about why I am making this. I love fighting games. This is my first dev video as a solo artist / developer inspired by the dev videos of Punch a Bunch and other solo devs. So what am I developing? A PvP SciFi fighter, kinda - For Honor - ish, meets Mortal Kombat - ish meets the sorta aesthetic of sci fi like Jodorowsky's Dune. With three dynamic modes of combat - (1) - Ground v Ground, (2)- Ground v Air, (3) - Air v Air. You can switch between these modes mid fight in a rock, paper, scissors kinda way. Each fighter will have their own balance of the three styles, some better at 1 some better at 2, or 3. Once I have a local 2 player split screen working or a network version I will launch on steam early access. The plan is to do an initial launch with 2 characters for *free - (*if I can keep supporting development and family life with other industry gigs). I also have it running on a Nintendo switch dev kit but with lower fidelity graphics. First thing is first, I need to create compelling combat and its not going to be easy and Im super early days. Unity is my package of preference as I learnt a bit of c# over the years but that being said Im primarily an artist / creative. All being said, this video is demonstrating the first build of Ground v Ground combat. Needs much improvement, but the basic shape is there for (ground v ground) combat - next - (ground v air). Although Im a solo developer, its worth noting, I've had a little financial support from some awards I have entered the project into, thought it shifted form quite a bit early days.... Im currently not looking for a publisher more want to explore the combat ideas. I think it will be long journey to completion, and I getting ready for years of development, and would love any feedback from the gaming community interested in Fighting Games like I am..... Thanks!! :)

2. kris_enteryes

kris_enteryes