Search Unity

Sci-Fi Effects 2.02 BETA! New Modular Features and FREE Update

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by s7, Dec 6, 2014.

1. s7

s7

Beam UV Animation fix is available

Date Reported:
    02/10/2016

Summary:
    Animate UV is affecting texture offset of the beam by continuously increasing its value to infinity. Some devices may render a glitchy beam when viewed up close.

The solution is available in our forum. Read more in the Known Issues thread

dstew likes this.
  2. s7

s7

Bump! Effects Chamber is lit, and there's a large hangar with the firing range behind the door. Orbit camera and the lights will switch on as you enter. You're also looking at the upcoming modular pack involving new workflow. Will be updating soon on this one. Hope you enjoy!

Gametyme, radimoto, TonyLi and 4 others like this.
  3. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

WOW!! This new update is really awesome and amazing, very good and well done professional and lovely new turrets, and the first turret demo works even better. Thanks very much

dstew and s7 like this.
  4. s7

s7

Hi SpaceRay, thanks a lot for your amazing comment! It's the greatest reward to hear folks enjoy our recent updates.

dstew likes this.
  5. s7

s7

Sci-Fi Effects 2.02b has been submitted for review.

[Changes in Version 2.02b]

• Build errors have been fixed
    • Beam UV Animation has been fixed
    • Turret's scene missing weapon sockets has been added to MLRS and Laser turrets
    • The package has been extended with additional Unity 5.3.6 support

6. s7

s7

Shodan0101 likes this.
  7. christougher

christougher

Thought I would include some suggestions I emailed you a while ago here in the forum...

Hi, first off I love the new additions! How I would have loved this 6 months ago back as I started setting up additional turrets models into my game. I love that multiple turrets at once are now possible as well.

Some suggestions for the turrets/weapon system:

- I've been looking at setting up ammo and energy level systems to accompany the turrets. So energy levels including drain upon firing, drain rate for beams and basic ammo/reload system would be really cool. This is the most glaring thing missing from this being a more complete (badass) weapon system.

- Firing rate. This mostly works great. I noticed though that it is possible to fire much faster if you just click repeatedly on the fire button, shooting much faster then if the fire button was held down effectively overriding the firing rate. Not great for powerful weapons with an intended low firing rate... any thoughts on how to prevent button spamming?

- A shield setting would be nice. It could perhaps share a power bank with the beam weapons. :) I already have my own separate shield system set up but it's a thought. Perhaps something involving your Force Field Asset... :)

- Accuracy settings would be nice. I notice the sniper gun tends to have a spread to it's accuracy so it would be really nice to easily tweak accuracy on the f3dbeam and f3dprojectile scripts (I actually want my sniper to be super accurate lol). I need to delve further into it but I'm not quite sure where the discrepancies in accuracy are coming from.

The turret is up close and personal in my game so some of the muzzle effects are easily noticed to have some flat textures components. Not sure how best to make it look better. From a distance though I have no problems. I might just add a small billboard texture to it...

8. s7

s7

christougher,

Thank you again for your kind words and the suggestions. There are some things I'd like to address now regarding of what you have put on the list:

- At this point, Sci-Fi Effects has the most of the effects to help you build your own weapon system. But things like ammo and energy is a different topic. Although I have a system that allows you to edit an effect class and start using it in the game immediately on the fly. Like changing a projectile speed and all the projectiles of that type in the scene will start using the new values.

- Firing rate. This is Weapons System where you can recreate any weapon class using the effects templates you previously designed.

- Shield settings. Goes to the Characters Damage System and again, very game specific, though next project I am working on will include an example of something similar. The general idea of it is to make sure you can, for instance, copy the script and a few textures, and start using it straight away.

- Accuracy is in the Weapons Component which you can also adjust to allow multiple types. Already included.

All the muzzle flash and flat texture effects will be redesigned with adding the volume as soon as I am ready to switch and polish that part.

Weapon System I mentioned previously is at the point where I have to test that with an actual game before making loud announcements. It will help with the effects and sounds management in your project, and that has a lot of things to do with setting them properly, so you have the smooth experience ever.

The good news there are possibly two scheduled assets and one is the DamageFX system which is included in a big project I am currently involved into. There are lots of existing assets involved as well, so many of these will be polished and updated along the route and then will be pushed to the Asset Store.

Two weeks ago I submitted the new Wasp Interdictor asset package for the review in the Asset Store, and I keep on working on the new stuff. Here're the recent examples of the DamageFX shader used with the Wasp mesh:

Much of it has been improved since the moment I uploaded the video. I did a few stress tests with multiple sub-component objects which yielded very promising results including the performance. In other words, works like a charm.

Edit: Heres the video I've made earlier today showing most of the PhysX Flight Controller in action.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Steve-Tack and FreakForFreedom like this.
  9. s7

s7

Sci-Fi Effects Birthday Bonanza Madness
    The SALE is on in the Unity Asset Store and will be taking place for 12 days.

Date: October 31, 3pm CET - November 11, 3pm CET
    Regular price: $35.00
    Sale price: $20.00 - CLICK HERE TO BUY NOW!

10. Chrysto

Chrysto

Any chance this will be up to SALE soon :) and did anyone tried on the 5.6 if any bug appeared?

11. s7

s7

Hey, not that I know of any to this moment :) Works fine on 5.6 except this strange message "Sub-emitters must be children of the system that spawns them" when spawning one specific weapon effect. I am currently looking into it and the new version will be uploaded with Unity 5.6.

hopeful likes this.
  12. s7

s7

Here's a quick and easy fix for Unity 5.6 users if you run into "Sub-emitters must be children of the system that spawns them" error while running Sci-Fi Effects.

Locate shot_gun_fragment and shot_gun_fragment_001_example prefabs and change their hierarchy to this:

upload_2017-4-3_19-56-45.png

Then select all children game object and make sure Particle System Sub Emitters are disabled like shown bellow:

upload_2017-4-3_20-2-19.png

You will find shot_gun_fragment prefabs in this folders:
    Assets\FORGE3D\Sci-Fi Effects\Effects\Shot Gun\
    Assets\FORGE3D\Sci-Fi Effects\Examples\Prefabs\

hopeful likes this.
  13. Chrysto

Chrysto

glad for your response..thanks, will keep an eye on this :)

14. Mazak

Mazak

I'm working with the nebula's
    when I use triangle strips I get this:

Failed setting triangles. The number of supplied triangle indices must be a multiple of 3.
    UnityEngine.Mesh:SetTriangles(Int32[], Int32)
    MeshCombineUtility:Combine(MeshInstance[], Boolean) (at Assets/3rdParty/FORGE3D/Sci-Fi Effects/Code/MeshCombine/MeshCombineUtility.cs:178)
    MegaWars.EffectFx.MW_Nebula:CombineMeshes() (at Assets/MegaWars/EffectFx/MW_Nebula.cs:102)
    MegaWars.EffectFx.MW_Nebulae:Generate() (at Assets/MegaWars/EffectFx/MW_Nebulae.cs:46)
    RandomStarfield:Generate() (at Assets/3rdParty/3D Starfields/Scripts/RandomStarfield.cs:81)
    RandomStarfieldEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/3rdParty/3D Starfields/Editor/3D Starfields/RandomStarfieldEditor.cs:15)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Doing some final polish before we start beta.

15. Mazak

Mazak

This is the offending line of code:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (generateStrips)
    2.             mesh.SetTriangles(strip, 0);
    3.         else
    4.             mesh.triangles = triangles;
    The number of strips is 142 - should be 141 or 144

EDIT:
    It works if I add this:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (!generateStrips)
    2.         {
    3.             foreach (MeshInstance combine in combines)
    4.             {
    5.                 if (combine.mesh)
    6.                 {
    7.                     triangleCount += combine.mesh.GetTriangles(combine.subMeshIndex).Length;
    8.                 }
    9.             }
    10.         }
    12.         // ADDED CODE - BEGIN
    13.         // stripCount must be a multiple of 3
    14.         var stripModulo = stripCount % 3;
    15.         if (stripModulo != 0)
    16.             stripCount += 3 - stripModulo;
    17.         // ADDED CODE - END
    19.         Vector3[] vertices = new Vector3[vertexCount];
    20.         Vector3[] normals = new Vector3[vertexCount];
    21.         Vector4[] tangents = new Vector4[vertexCount];
    22.         Vector2[] uv = new Vector2[vertexCount];
    23.         Vector2[] uv1 = new Vector2[vertexCount];
    24.         Color[] colors = new Color[vertexCount];
    26.         int[] triangles = new int[triangleCount];
    27.         int[] strip = new int[stripCount];

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  16. christougher

christougher

Heya any up updates I whether there are more updates in the works? Thx! Last October there was mention of new features and workflow...

17. s7

s7

Thread update, and also $29.99 price coming soon!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  18. s7

s7

Yo! It's better late than never. You will get shaders update, and also Amplify Shader Editor support soon.

Mazak and hopeful like this.
  19. s7

s7

MEGA SALE -25% OFF!
    From November 27th, 12AM PST through December 8th 11:59 PST.
    Start Shopping!

hopeful likes this.
  20. christougher

christougher

Build error in 2018.2 when building for Android...

Shader error in 'FORGE3D/Surface': '' : 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE' already defined at line 44 (on gles)
    Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

21. s7

s7

Thanks for reporting this. You can safely replace FORGE3D/Surface shader with any default Standard shader from Unity which should fix this issue.

Mazak likes this.
  22. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

After upgrading to last release (2.05b), I have this error (unity 2018.3.0b12)
    In demo scenes too.

"Assets/FORGE3D/Sci-Fi Effects/Code/F3DTurret_Legacy.cs(90,17): error CS0103: The name `F3DFXController' does not exist in the current context"

I solved adding FORGE3D. as prefix.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  23. s7

s7

I guess you did the update overwriting the content? It must be the old script that should be removed for the update.

24. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

Yes I updated overwriting the content. I should remove the asset before updating ?

25. s7

s7

Yeah, if possible

26. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

But ... scene loses all references to scripts !!!

27. s7

s7

Sorry for any inconvenience. I expected this to happen, even tho I tried to minimize the effect. Try removing 'legacy' turret script after overwriting with the update?