Search Unity

SCI FI CHARACTER - Xilax, Alien Race, released by Arteria3d, plus special promotion

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by arteria, Jan 17, 2013.

1. arteria

arteria

We are pleased to announce the launch of a series of alien based sci fi characters.

Xilax

The Xilax Warrior - a skilled warrior, adept in all forms of weapon skill, a prime hunter, ready for the
    hunt. Character provided with a huge library of animations - including 2 handed melee/sword animations, assault rifle, plus hand gun animations, and a collection of NPC based animations

PROMOTION:
    For the next 3 days, if you purchase this character, you get to recieve another free sci fi character - after purchase, we will email you to decide which character you want, and provide two downloads

Price $25(For first 2 weeks only)

Product Page:
    http://arteria3d.com/collections/animated-characters/products/xilax

Product Page will feature a video shortly on the left hand side of the page, via youtube, depicting the characters animations. Will display, when upload to youtube is finished

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. Archania

Archania

Looks awesome! Very nicely done.

3. CitrusDev

CitrusDev

really cool !

4. granada

granada

Nice job again steve :D.

dave

5. sleglik

sleglik

Steve you promised new version of fantasy base male customisable character.

Also I still don´t have access to new website where I can download your content. I have lifetime membership.

6. arteria

arteria

Hi

Re membership, i asked you to sign up at the time of the launch of the new site, which you did and your account exists with member download access.
    A handful of customers have reported problems even when they where granted access, but after a few edits on their account, we sorted it out.
    Please try again, and if you have problems, email me at steve@arteria3d.com or yertari@msn.com.

Regarding a new version of the medieval pack, that is something that i will address in the second quarter of this year, as it will take an immense ammount of time and resources to do. Users are enjoying the August release of the pack, which whilst anything can be improoved, are enjoying the benefits of the fixes i made and new character costumes. It seems a consensus, that customers prefer the way i made that model, rather than have a base body underneath, so i may use the existing and re-rig the elements. Its a huge job, that needs the correct time and thought into how it should be addressed. I didnt promise a release public, as i have learned from previous errors of doing so - if you remember, it was something i talked about in a mail with you. I think the problem of the base character is the ammount of meshes Its almost become un-manageable, and its very hard for me to export from my 3d app. Maybe i should reduce the mesh content, and concentrate more on textures which are far easier to manage, and keeps the mesh more optomised. Rather than continue the conversation about the medpack on this thread, it would be great for either you or me to raise the medieval base pack on my forum, and discuss the best way to take it further.

Thanks for your continued support sleglik, and indeed all on this thread.

Best

Steve

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  7. sleglik

sleglik

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  8. Venged

Venged

Wow great job Steve!!! Is this available in the members download section yet?

9. arteria

arteria

Yes, under SciFi, Animated Characters

10. sleglik

sleglik

Steve thank you for the help... my fault

11. Venged

Venged

Thanks, your membership makes game development a lot easier and adds that something extra special to my game levels.

12. napster

napster

Good job Steve, character looks superb :)

13. True-Story

True-Story

14. l0cke

l0cke

Having body underneath is far better, you dont have to fight with "stitching" of equipments parts, it is far more flexible when designing new equipiment, etc....I dont know how you came to this "consensus", your customers had hardly chance to try both ;) Look how for example DAZ is doing this, they have thousands parts and no problem at all. Also their business model with selling equip parts on basic body is really good. Unfortunatelly using their meshes in games is not that simple, so there is big gap on the market.

Btw, managing of base character file is not that big issue, it is only matter of proper naming of equip parts, bones, using hiding of meshes, etc...you only need to have discipline and not to for example use different naming conventions for male and female....For mass exporting/importing you must prepare scripts, doing it by hand is insane.

15. arteria

arteria

Thanks for all the great support