Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Sci Fi Air Combat RTS hybrid Game (Fast Movers)

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by roger0, Jun 14, 2021.

1. roger0

roger0

Hello all. I am making a sci fi themed air combat game. It has a typical level by level system with a few interesting features. Your able to call in reinforcements to help you in the missions. These range from fighters, bombers, frigates, and battleship sized spaceships.

Another feature is the aquatic ability where you are able to fly into the water and go amphibious. There's enemies underwater too, making some interesting surface to air to underwater combo battles.

I am attempting to make missile combat more in depth as well. Usually in modern and futuristic themed air combat games there's just lock on missiles, flares, and machine guns. I added some more countermeasures and missile types that should bring in more skill and improve the fire and forget gameplay.

There's a lot of other features I'm implementing. You can watch my videos to see more. Basically I'm trying to make the game as unique and interesting as I possibly can. Its hard to stand out of the crowd nowadays. I want to take advantage of being sci fi themed whenever possible. Which includes having things like laser beams, shields, cloaking, strange weapons, etc. I think a lot of sci fi games just take ww2 style technology and reskin it mostly.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  2. roger0

roger0

I took a break to from game development to work on my youtube channel. I'm hoping that it will gain more subscribers so when I do release videos or a trailer for any games they will get more views than a few hundred in a year.