Search Unity

School purchasing Unity

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by nickavv, Jan 10, 2009.

1. nickavv

nickavv

My old Web Design teacher has gotten more and more interested in teacher her students how to make video games. She initially had me teach her how to use Blender Game Engine so she could teach it to her students, but she told me today that she downloaded trials of Unity on all the machines in her room, and that her students have been taking the Unity interface tutorial.

I'm coming into the class to show them how to do some interactive stuff, a bit of Javascripting, etc.

My teacher said she's applying for a grant to purchase at least five copies of Unity Indie. Cool, huh?

She wanted me to ask about educators' discounts (tight-fisted school budget, etc), but I see on the site that you should contact sales@unity3d.com. Should I just tell her to do that?

2. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Yea, she should email sales indeed.

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Why are you even asking? The site says contact us at sales@ so tell her to do that...

Sorry if I sound gruff but it's all pretty clear, you even wrote it yourself, make it happen! :)

BTW, we offer discounts to schools and universities but only off of Unity Pro and/or Unity iPhone Advanced, we don't offer discounts off Indie/Basic. But have her contact us and we'll explain it all to her and offer any price quotes she needs.

4. nickavv

nickavv

Yeah, I pretty much figured that would be the case, and I did write it myself, but I figured I'd include it, seeing as I was excited that my school would be getting Unity.

5. nickavv

nickavv

Hey, she told me today that she got her grant. :D I guess the orders should be coming in soon.