Search Unity

School daily schedule

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Atmey, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Atmey

Atmey

Well, where I grew up the school system might be unconventional, so I will try to use something different, but let me mention who was school when I grew up:

7:15 morning queue/file/ranks: basically each class stand in a line and listen to small speeches/activities read by other students (usually prepared by the teachers)
    7:30-9:45 first 3 periods
    9:45-10:15 breakfast recess
    10:15~12:30 3 more periods
    12:30:12:45 small recess (no lunch)
    12:45~1:30 last period

so basically each period is 45 minutes, 7 periods a day

That is one of the schools I attended, other schools was about the same except they start 30 minutes later and finish 30 minutes later.

I didn't look up much to other countries, but in Japan they seem to start at 8 and finish at 4, I don't know many periods they have and how long they last.

So what are common/known daily schedule breakdowns?

Is it the same for boarding/live-in school?

I am thinking of making something similar to Hogwarts school, houses and points.

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Which age group are you after? Different levels typically have different schedules. In NZ pre school, primary, intermediate, high school and tertiary education all look quite different.

3. Atmey

Atmey

Preferably high school

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

High school in NZ starts at around 8:30. Students typically start into their first class straight away. A day normally consists of six periods. Each one a different class, and each one lasting about 50 minutes. There is a morning break between periods 2 and 3, of about 20 minutes. There is also a lunch break between period four and five, lasting almost an hour. School finishes around 3:15.

Is that the kind of thing you are after? Each school is slightly different.

5. Atmey

Atmey

Thanks for sharing.

Well, I am trying to somewhat streamline the schedule so it is easier to setup as schedule management will part of gameplay with an option to autofill. .

I think I will go for 6 classes a day, 1 hour each and 30 minutes for breaks, so school finishes at 15, and 2 hours for after school activities.

6. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Quick question: Why do you need a game completely centered around someone's schedule? Many schools have much different schedules just because they are in different counties or states here in the USA.

Kiwasi likes this.
  7. Spike_Felion

Spike_Felion

for me just depending which county or school district your in effects ur time schedule for school even tho it is in the same state

DroidifyDevs likes this.
  8. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Just make up your own schedule. As they ^^^ pointed out schedules fluctuate greatly.

Here in some parts of USA they have done away with summer break even. Students in the schools following this new schedule go to school year round 2 weeks on 1 week off. Something like that. Hours I don't know. Changes from time to time as they try new things. Used to be classes were about 45 minutes long in our local school. A few years ago that changed to half the classes in a given day with each being 1.5 hours long.

9. Atmey

Atmey

This is unclear, who do you mean by someone? you mean BoredMormon? I just wanted to how school schedule works around the world, as I went to a school that finishes at 1:15 PM and another at 2, in anime/japanese games, they finish sometime afternoon which I assumed around 4 as they were never precise.

I just wanted to be closer to world average as I took my experience alone it might look a bit strange.

@GarBenjamin yeah I made up my own, check above post for details.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  10. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

No, by someone I meant your player's schedule.