Search Unity

scenes has disappeared

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by thdinh2015, Sep 8, 2015.

1. thdinh2015

thdinh2015

scenes has been delete in acident when first loading of Unity. How can I get it back please?

Attached Files:

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Eek.

First, I have to lol at the screenshot embedded in the attached docx file. I used to get that all the time from clients, so it was nice to relive those terrible memories.

Second, the screenshot doesn't show us anything other than an empty Unity project. Which, I guess makes sense if you're saying your scenes were deleted, but... Not super necessary.

Last, did you accidentally delete the scenes, or did you open a project and find your scenes deleted?

Martin_H and Ryiah like this.
  3. jhocking

jhocking

For that matter, did you even save your scene? If the screenshot is showing an empty project, maybe you just did a bunch of work, forgot to save, and then closed Unity. Any assets you created (eg. scripts you wrote, materials you created, etc.) will still be in the project, but scene files are just another kind of asset and you need to save the scene manually.

Martin_H and Ryiah like this.
  4. thdinh2015

thdinh2015

Hi Eek;
    Yes I have accidentally deleted the scenes. It's there when first loading and I have created a project then deleted the projected; but in accidently my little boy has touched and deleted the next one which is scenes.
    I can't get it back even I have been re-installed which is still as my attached file.
    Don't know what I have to do ?
    Please help ?
    Cheers.

5. Schneider21

Schneider21

If you had still been in the same session, you may have been able to CTRL+Z your way out of it. But if you deleted it and closed the application, and even reinstalled it... It's gone, man.

Did you put much effort into it? Is it just toying around, or was it part of a big game you're actually planning on finishing? If it's the second one, you should be using some type of version control. If you're not, now is a great time to start.