Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Scripting SceneManager.UnloadScene destroys everything?

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by mihakinova, Nov 16, 2015.

1. mihakinova

mihakinova

So here is my scenario. I load a scene with SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync, and mark some objects with DontDestroyOnLoad. Then, at some point in the game, I unload the current scene with SceneManager.UnloadScene.

The scene AND all the objects marked DontDestroyOnLoad are destroyed. I would not expect this behaviour. Is it possibly a bug or is UnloadScene expected to destroy everything? If so, is there a way to unload a scene while keeping the DontDestroyOnLoad objects intact?

2. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

Hi,

From what you describe it sounds like a bug. Can you please file a bug report and attach a project that reproduces the issue.

3. mihakinova

mihakinova

I could not reproduce the bug anymore, however, a related bug occured, and I filed it under case #745325

4. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

Hi

We found and a fixed a bug. If you at runtime in a standalone player loaded a scene and marked some of the loaded objects with DontDestroyOnLoad, then unloading the scene would destroy these objects. The bug does not reproduce in the editor.

5. mihakinova

mihakinova

Hi, I got the bug again today and it took me a while to remember this thread. It's true, when unloading a scene on a device (iPad in my case) Unload destroys everything.

Is it known when this bugfix will be released?