Search Unity

SceneManager is turning my brains inside out!

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by kingas, Jun 22, 2018.

1. kingas

kingas

So I just made my first game and during the process I used SceneManager to reload a scene. BUT, it only worked when I put it into an object called "GameManager" and a script of the same name, it didn't when I just put it somewhere into the "Player" object's code. Why is that?

btw, when I was doing the thing with the player object, I got an error called something like "could not find source at assets/scripts/SceneManager.cs".

2. Ian094

Ian094

3. Brathnann

Brathnann

Without seeing your code, it's hard to say what you are doing.

4. lordofduct

lordofduct

What is 'GameManager', what is 'Player'?

These are not unity types, we did not write your code, you must define these things for us to understand them.

See my signature:

5. kingas

kingas

Damn, you got me... But, I did say what "Player" and "GameManager" are, they are object names.

6. Stevens-R-Miller

Stevens-R-Miller

Yes, posting the code you're actually using would make it much easier to try to help you. Best guess I have from what you've said so far is that the
    GameManager
    is loaded, so it can call
    SceneManager
    methods, but the
    Player
    is not loaded, so it can't.

7. lordofduct

lordofduct

Damn, you got me.

I have the answer to your problem sitting right here, I'm just not giving it to you because I want you to jump through hoops.

8. LaneFox

LaneFox

You've provided no useful context. Post some code or we're all just guessing whats wrong which is a waste of our time since you can easily provide code.