Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Scene Visibility Tools - Info and Discussion Thread

Discussion in '2019.1 Alpha' started by gabrielw_unity, Dec 5, 2018.

1. pavelkouril

pavelkouril

Will the public API include the events for visualisation state changes? That would help with querying the tens of thousands of objects. :)

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

That seems reasonable, but I can't guarantee anything for now. We'll definitely reach out to devs as we start developing that API. Sorry I can't give any real useful info yet!

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  3. Player7

Player7

Don't listen to him, it is better how it right now.. too much of this flat color everything must look the same and barely stand out nonsense going on. Bad enough the new gui is flat and has zero gradients to distinguish areas. and provide some actual style to the gui. Would even make that area a horizontal gradient (left current darkness > to right current brightness) :)

Although I do agree that compared to Qhierarchy it's not really adding much for the space it is taking up, and I doubt will ever have anything like that in customization for options..

Guerro323 likes this.
  4. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

Good idea, I wrote renderers switcher like this for tool I use in like two hours.

5. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

ok don't listen, but also don't complain if the editor becomes an inconsistent looking experience. I'm trying to see what benefits the background has and I could not find any that made sense. the reason it's there is so that the eye icons are not shows when they are active have a place, but this could be solved in other ways like for example how its done in photoshop:

image.png

6. Player7

Player7

Given what was shown on this change, and what you suggested in making it even more flat color based, I'd rather go with what was put forward. If something entirely better could be done that would be great, but Unity tend to put something up and then just convince themselves everyone is ok with it and that's what they go with, to hell with feedback or providing options... also photoshop has some grid lines to break up the monotone crap going on with that entire interface I'd hardly call the newish flat color photoshop interface great though.. its pretty lame and I don't even consider photoshop all that good.. moved onto Krita its free, hell even a 10 year version of photoshop is good for most things, the fact it's interface is flat color S*** now with zero style, zero gradients and no improvements to ux and ton of other areas that could have been done in the years/decades that never actually get improvement is just I guess the fact most of its users accepting idiots who don't bother letting Adobe know.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  7. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

actually share your opinion about the flat trend being a bit too boring, For example I liked final cut better when it had the old interace, the new one is too flat, and they added puple highlight colors while the rest of the os uses blue for that.

My arguments are for consisency, that for every change do it everywhere, or not at all.