Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Feedback Scene view panels take too much clickable space

Discussion in 'Unity 6 Beta' started by AcidArrow, Mar 27, 2024.

1. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

In the scene view, stuff like the orientation gizmo / panel, take too much "clickable" space.

What I mean is, even though the orientation panel in the scene view has a specific spot where you click to move it or change orientation, it eats clicks for its whole bounding box area.

Which means there is a lot of seemingly empty space around the gizmo where clicking does absolutely nothing.

Here you will notice how when I am above the move gizmo, it gets highlighted, but when I click and drag it nothing happens, because orientation is eating the click (but does not stop things from getting highlighted behind it, which is even more inconsistent).

I don't know in what situation I would click in the scene view and would want absolutely nothing to happen. Please do something about it.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024