Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug Scene view objects reorder after play mode in hierarchy

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sarynth, Jan 3, 2021.

1. sarynth

sarynth

As described in the image below. I have three objects... Toolkit Loader, Debug, HeroCreature. I want them to remain in that order when not in play mode.

If I play and exit, they're fine. Toolkit Loader is destroyed in the scene after play mode starts, and comes back. Normally the hierarchy is constant, and everything is fine.

If I drag something (Ratkin Slave in this screen shot) and drop it in scene view, it shows up in the second slot. (Is that normal? I didn't drop it in the hierarchy, I dropped it in the scene view. Kind of strange to go into the second slot. But, it's fine.)

When I enter play mode, toolkit loader destroys itself during awake, which is fine, but then HeroCreature pops up above Debug. (WHY? BUG?)

Then, when I exit play mode, HeroCreature remains above Debug object. (WHY? BUG?)

Thanks.

2. sarynth

sarynth

Anyone else experienced this?

I guess I'll try to reproduce it in a small project and submit a bug to unity (if they still have that option through the editor.)