Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Scene view is pitch black across entire project after failed lightmap bake, clearing does not help

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ebaender, Jan 20, 2021.

1. ebaender

ebaender

pitchblack.png

This happened after baking with my usual setting I have used a hundred times already. There was a weird message in the console that I have never seen before and unfortunately did not save since it was not even an error log and I did not realize at this point my entire project was broken because of it. It said something about passing a hash to somewhere in regard to the lighting process. It affects every single scene in the project, and even new scenes as well.

I tried clearing the baked data like ten times, baking again, restarting unity and my computer, nothing helps.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'd first try turning on the scene view grid (I see you have it disabled), and disable scene lighting. See if you see anything. Also check the scene view camera settings. All these I mention are on the top bar in the scene view window. First 2 are towards the top left, last is top right.

Worst case, use version control or recent backup to revert whatever caused this issue. If there is something going wrong actually with Unity's window layout, maybe try switching that back to default (Window -> Layouts -> Default).