Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Scene view grid disappears when ProBuilder is intalled

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by Deleted User, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

This happens with previous versions.

Although the grid is on, it's invisible on the scene view. I tried and fix the problem by bringing up another scene view: the grid is still invisible.

Also, where is ProGrids? it's nowhere to be found in the registry packages.

Capture d’écran_2021-11-19_12-10-26.jpg

Capture d’écran_2021-11-19_12-30-42.jpg

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @APSchmidt,

Could you please try the following steps to see if they help resolve the issue?

1. Open the Scene window, and expand the Grid Visibility panel
    2. Make sure the Opacity is set to 50% or more
    3. Click the "To Origin" button in order to move the Grid to the origin point
    4. Make sure the Orientation is not aligned to the grid by right-clicking on the Scene view and dragging the mouse to change the orientation
    5. Make sure the Orientation is set to Perspective

GridView Possible fix.png

If the issue is still reproducible after following the provided steps, please report a bug and attach a short video demonstrating the issue.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi, and thank you for your answer. I'll take a look at the settings you mention but the bug seems to be of the elusive kind. The grid eventually went back on its own after a while and I have no idea what I did that made it come back, if I actually did something ...
    Currently, the grid is okay. The settings are the ones you show on the image. I used the "reset" link and played with the different buttons to see what they did and I'm wondering what "To Handle" does ... and I cannot find the documentation for 2022.1: https://unity3d.com/beta/2022.1a :(
    This happened in the past in older versions so I guess it will happen again; I'll remember your post then. :)
    I'm not done with Unity! :p

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi @LeonhardP

It wasn't long! I just upgraded the project to 0a16 and the grid is gone. I did what you mentioned and nothing happened, resetting the layouts didn't work either.
    I closed the project, deleted the Library folder, restarted the project and the grid is still gone.
    I created a new scene view, still no grid.
    I opened an existing scene, no result.
    I created a new scene from the menu and chose "Standard/URP", no result.

Oh, I just opened another existing scene I hadn't tried yet and the grid is only visible on a plane!
    I created a new plane on another scene and the grid is visible on that plane only. If this is a feature of some kind, I'd like to know. :)

I don't want to file a bug report because the project is too big, my internet connection wouldn't allow it. Now maybe someone else will have this problem once, if it actually is a problem. :D

Capture d’écran_2021-12-10_21-08-14.jpg

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

So, the grid never came back this time. I ended up creating a new project (3D URP template), removed the unwanted packages, added ProGrids first and then ProBuilder. This time, the grid didn't disappear. I wonder if it is because I added ProGrids first; I had added ProGrids in my old project and the grids were still invisible. I won't test that, I'm glad the grids are back.

Merry Christmas all!