Search Unity

Resolved Scene View Gizmo no longer clickable

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Livealot, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Livealot

Livealot

I'm hoping this isn't a bug, just a new default option in 2020.3.3f1 that I don't know about.

I went to click on one of the conical arms in the Scene View Gizmo, like I've done...forever, and nothing. I can right-click to pick from presets, but can't left-click.

Is that a bug, or some option somewhere that I need to turn off.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Try reset layouts in the upper right corner.

3. Livealot

Livealot

While that successfully deletes my layouts, it doesn't make the Gizmo left-clickable.

Or to be specific, I can hover highlight and click the conical arrows. The Editor just doesn't do anything with the input.

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Weird. Whenever that stopped working in the past, layout reset works. Maybe it's just borked in that specific version of Unity? I just tested it and it's fine on 2021.1.0

Livealot likes this.
  5. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

One other thing to try: in your scene hierarchy, select an object (make one if you must), then do Edit -> Frame Selected (or just press F when the mouse cursor is on the scene and an object is selected)... this resets the Scene view camera's goodies.

6. Livealot

Livealot

Another nice thought, but alas no help.

There a lock toggle in 2020.3.3f1 for the Scene Gizmo to disable it, which I haven't notices in earlier versions. But it feels like the left-click response never get enabled correctly regardless of the toggle state, or there's a default somewhere else that's disabled it

7. Madgvox

Madgvox

Does this happen in a new project?

8. Livealot

Livealot

Nice! It worked fine in a new project.

Then, re-opening the project where it got disabled, it was working as intended again.

So while I can't repro the unstable state, at least re-loading the project fixed it. Moving on...

Thanks @Madgvox & @Kurt-Dekker

9. LT23Live

LT23Live

I have had this issue in 2021.3.18. The solution above does not fix it for me.
    Some gizmos show and some dont and they're extremely hard to click.