Search Unity

Bug Scene view camera occasionally gets stuck, doesn't rotate. Recent regression?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dgoyette, Nov 5, 2020.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I'm still trying to narrow down exactly what sequence of events lands me in this state, but I believe it started happening in one of the last few 2019.4 LTS releases. Specifically, I very frequently hold right mouse button and drag around to rotate the Scene View camera. For some reason (after doing what I can only explain as random things so far) things get stuck, such that this rotation no longer occurs.

In order to Unstick the camera, it seems I just need to click on something in the Hierarchy view. Then everything's back to normal. But this seems to happen a few times per hour as I'm working in the editor.

Anyone else notice this? I haven't submitted a bug report, because I don't yet know the specific steps on how to reproduce this. But it would be helpful to know if others are seeing the same thing, and perhaps someone else has an idea of what's causing it.

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Heh, no sooner did I post this than I stumbled upon the cause. I'll test this in a new project, submit a bug report now, but here's all it seems to take: Right click on an object in the Hierarchy view or the Project view, so that it shows the right click context menu. Now right click into the scene view to try to rotate the camera. The camera will be locked. Selecting something via left click seems to clear it up.

PraetorBlue likes this.
  3. dgoyette

dgoyette

I've reported this as bug #1290486. Very easy to reproduce. Right click something to show a context menu, then, while the content menu is still open, right click in the scene view. Scene view camera rotation will be locked until you explicitly select something else in the editor.

PraetorBlue likes this.