Search Unity

Scene View Camera issue: can't see all of scene

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by amherst, Apr 3, 2009.

1. amherst

amherst

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with viewing my scene in the scene view (as opposed to the Game View, which is the view from the Main Camera). If I select the entire terrain and view it from the top view, i cannot see anything beyond a certain distance from my camera. Same thing in other views: anything beyond a particular distance is not rendered. It appears be a near clipping plane setting of the scene view camera, but I cannot figure out at all how I can adjust this setting in Unity.

I've included two images of the scene view from the "Island Demo" world that comes with Unity to show what I'm seeing. One is the top down scene view, the other is a free camera scene view. The matter in grey is what appears to be beyond the camera clipping plane. All that grey matter is supposed to be more terrain, but it's too far from the camera to render.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

The near and far clipping planes of the scene view aren't adjustable. Are you using some sort of extremely large scale here? Is that the default Island demo?

3. amherst

amherst

That's the default island demo. I can't figure it out. This is really weird. I don't know that I've adjusted any scale issues. It's just that all my projects now open all wonky like this.

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

What happens in Perspective mode? All of your screenshots show Isometric.

5. GusM

GusM

Try switching to perspective view, then rotate the view just a little and you will see everything again. Then you can change again to orto view and you should also see all right. It hapenned with 2.1 too here, I am used to do it each time I open a proyect.

6. amherst

amherst

This does seem to work. It seems like it's just a bit quirky and needs a little prodding.

Thanks for the responses!

7. THRILLHOUSE

THRILLHOUSE

youre too zoomed in (or out I forget which one). It's what happens when you use your mouse scroll wheel to move in and out instead of your WASD keys.