Search Unity

scene very dark

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by dandeery, Nov 13, 2020.

1. dandeery

dandeery

I have brought a revit model into unity via reflecr. The Revit file has lights in it. If you look at the attached image it shows direct light but it not getting any global illumination. As you can see the ceiling is just black. Is there a way to use GI to give a more accurate lighting upload_2020-11-13_13-5-19.png

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey Dandeery,
    Thanks for letting us know, and sharing the image. We've made some adjustments to the lights and material intensities in the next version so that things are a bit brighter, and closer to what you would have in Revit. I don't have a release date yet to share, but it's coming soon enough!
    David

3. dandeery

dandeery

Thank you for your reply. Can you let me know when there is a beta available? Can I bring it into pro and use GI

4. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

I can't give out an exact date yet, but the new version will be out fairly soon. I'll let you know when!

5. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

If you need to get all the lights and those are defined in the Revit file, you can set them up with the reflect extensions package, which allows you to search an replace objects in the scene using the metadata from Revit, so you can search by family or type your lights and then replace them with unity spot lights for example

6. dandeery

dandeery

Thanks, I'll try that. But will they give me global illumination or just direct light?

7. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

There isn't any GI at the moment in Reflect, so to up the overall brightness of a scene, try playing around witth the Directional light brightness or the Global Lighting settings in the lighting panel :)
    GI is a feature that's super expensive, and is reserved for HDRP at the moment, because it can't run properly on mobile device. It also shouldn't contribute much to the overall brightness of the scene.