Search Unity

Scene Shot Manager

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AlanOToole, Nov 4, 2016.

1. AlanOToole

AlanOToole

Hello everyone!

I want to introduce you to a new Unity asset we've been working on called Scene Shot Manager.

Scene Shot Manager (SSM), allows you to capture a snapshot of your current Scene View by saving all of the details about that particular shot and “bookmarking” it for future access. Once you capture and add the shot to Scene Shot Manager, you can label it, allowing you to quickly jump back to that exact shot and pick up where you left off at any time. As you add shots, you can organize, or group them accordingly.

SSM works for both 2D and 3D Scenes. This is especially useful for designing complex 2D UI's. Rather than having to scroll around to a particular panel, just bookmark the shot of it and click the icon in the shot list to jump back to it.

Below are some animated GIFs to show you Scene Shot Manager.

This GIF shows the main shot list and how you can switch between bookmarked shots.

This GIF demonstrates adding shots:

This GIF demonstrates assigning those shots to a group:

Scene Shot Manager overlays the Unity Scene View but there's also the option to use SSM as a separate, dockable Unity window.

Below is a screenshot of this dockable window with SSM disabled on the Unity Scene View:

Scene Shot Manager
    has been tested and works with both Gaia and ProBuilder. It is also fully compatible with Unity 5.

We are aiming to release Scene Shot Manager within the next few weeks and would love to get a feel for what you guys think about it! Please leave a comment saying how you think SSM would help your development process.

I will post a follow up with some tutorial videos when we're closer to release!

Thank you!
    Alan

2. AlanOToole

AlanOToole

Hello world!

I just recorded a quick tutorial on how to add groups and shots/bookmarks within Scene Shot Manager.

Take a look and let us know what you think!

Thanks!
    -Alan

3. jdraper3

jdraper3

I've thought about making something like this before, so I'll definitely pick it up. Looks good, my only suggestion would be to perhaps try to make the UI look a little more like it's built in to Unity, if it's not too late for that :)

AlanOToole likes this.
  4. AlanOToole

AlanOToole

I'm so glad to hear you're interested in the asset!

I have been trying to think of a better way to blend it into the Unity look and feel. I have a few more ideas that I can add in but if you have any particular ones, let me know! :)

Thank you so much!
    -Alan

5. AlanOToole

AlanOToole

Hello everyone!

Scene Shot Manager has just been released and is now available on the Unity Asset Store.

We are excited to see what you think of it. Definitely leave a comment if you do download it.

Here is the download link.

Thanks!
    Alan

jdraper3 likes this.
  6. AlanOToole

AlanOToole