Search Unity

Assets Scene Renderers Editor

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by elvismd, Apr 6, 2018.

1. elvismd

elvismd

Hello everyone, i'm currently working on a simple renderer editor that takes all the renderers of the scene and shows them on a list with all it's properties. Right now the asset just shows the common properties that each renderer has, but for example, the "Lightmap Static" that the Mesh Renderer has, and the Skinned doesnt, does not show up yet, the same with the particle system's renderer, it has different properties from other renderers. Right now the asset does:
    • Shows a list of all the renderers on the scene
    • Double click the object field that shows on the editor and it will make the scene camera focus on the renderer's object and it will be selected on the hierarchy
    • Edit each renderer properties: Light Probes, Reflection Probes, Anchor Override, Cast Shadows, Receive Shadows, Motion Vectors, Dynamic Occlusion, and change the renderer's materials.
    • Not need clicking on any object, you can see all the renderers on this list.
    One of the purposes of this tool besides helping you finding the renderers of your scene with more flexibility, it is also to help to organize the properties to bake the scene's lighting. What I have in mind to do yet it is:
    • Option to filter the list by layers/object's names/materials
    • Show specific properties of each renderer type
    • Show the textures of each material and it's resolutions
    • Show the mesh vertices size
    • Enable/Disable "Static" field on the renderer's object
    • Option to filter the list by static objects and dynamic objects
    Screenshots:

The highlighted field is the selected renderer. So I would appreciate your feedback on the ideas I noted and how I can improve the workflow of this editor for making it better to edit the renderers of a scene.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. elvismd

elvismd

[UPDATE #1]

Hi! I recently made a few changes on the asset, I added a filter to improve the searching for renderer objects and a simple overview of the selected renderer's mesh vertices.

The renderer's filter:

You can filter by name, layer or a material

The mesh vertices overview:

It's very simple now but it can show you the whole vertices of the current selected mesh, for now it just shows this wireframe mesh if it's a mesh renderer or skinned mesh renderer, nothing for particle systems yet.