Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Scene Manager Black Shadows

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by jvsgaming303, Dec 4, 2021.

1. jvsgaming303

jvsgaming303

Hi, I'm making a 3d game, when I transition from my main menu to my game, this (picture below) happens, and when I'm just playing my game, it seems normal. pls help.

blackshadows.png normalshadows.png

the first one is from the main menu to game, and the second one is just from the game

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Are you using any kind of additive scene loading? If so, make sure that the correct scene is "active". Unity will only use the lighting settings for which ever scene is active.

3. jvsgaming303

jvsgaming303

Ok, I searched up "additive scene loading" (because I don't know what it is), and this is what I find
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SceneManager.LoadScene("YourScene", LoadSceneMode.Single);
    2. //and
    3. SceneManager.LoadScene("YourScene", LoadSceneMode.Additive);
    I use the code below, from my knowledge, its single.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SceneManager.LoadScene("YourScene");

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  4. kdgalla

kdgalla

It looks like what you're using is not additive scene loading. So that means that your main menu is a completely separate scene that has the same map as the game scene?

5. jvsgaming303

jvsgaming303

Yes, maybe I change it to additive and deactivate the main menu?
    Maybe its a bad idea, but I need the lighting tho

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  6. kdgalla

kdgalla

That won't necessarily help. I was only asking the question to try to narrow down on what the problem might be,

Since it's a separate scene, go to the rendering window and make sure all of the lighting settings are the same in your menu scene as they are in the working scene. If you're using any baked lighting options, press the "generate lighting" button and allow time for the lightmaps to bake.

7. jvsgaming303

jvsgaming303

I checked, and it says I didn't use any lighting settings, now I'm generating lighting, it might take a while but I'm not sure its the right move, maybe I will waste my time on it, if you have some suggestion, please tell me to stop

8. kdgalla

kdgalla

Oops. I see there's a new feature called "lighting settings" that I didn't even know about. Looks like they re-arranged the lighting window since the last time I used it. :rolleyes:

I was just talking about when you pull-up the render->lighting window. If you go the "environment" tab, just make sure all of those settings are the same in both scenes. The environment lighting can affect how dark your shadows are, for example.

9. jvsgaming303

jvsgaming303

Sry, bit busy yesterday, the "environment" is the same, but I found something on the "scene" tab, it seems like I have used some lighting settings on my game scene, and my menu scene doesn't have any lighting settings, I need to delete the lighting settings on my game or add the lighting settings on my main menu

EDIT: I tried both solutions but it didn't help :eek::(, please help.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021