Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Scene Loading example throwing exceptions on PC builds 2018.4.10 - 1.2.4

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by BuzzJive, Oct 10, 2019.

1. BuzzJive

BuzzJive

I grabbed the example projects from here and opened up the Scene Loading project:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Addressables-Sample

It works fine in the editor, but when I do a PC build it fails. I've tried various things but it all ends up the same. The Bootstrap scene loads as expected, but when I click the button to Transition to the Next Scene it doesn't seem to fully load the scene. I'm using Unity 2018.4.10 with the Addressables Package 1.2.4 (and also tried Addressables 1.1.5). Please see the attached screenshot and output log for more info.

Attached Files:

2. TextusGames

TextusGames

Have you manually build addressables in adeessables window?

3. BuzzJive

BuzzJive

Yes. I brought up Addressables window and did the Build -> Build Player Content step. It seems like it kinda works, because the Foundation scene begins loading, which is not in the Build Scenes window. So that scene knows it is addressable and begins the scene load process, but it fails along the way.

4. unity_bill

unity_bill

5. BuzzJive

BuzzJive

@unity_bill yes that does seem to be the bug. We're using 2018.4.10, which is definitely pretty recent. I'll check newer LTS versions if I get a chance. We're probably just going to stick with regular asset bundles since we're not doing anything that crazy and the addressables is still in preview and has issues like this. Thanks.