Search Unity

Question Scene lighting behaves different when switching from other scenes.

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by zzxiang, Mar 19, 2023.

1. zzxiang

zzxiang

I have a scene B which is like the following screenshot. The screenshot was took when I directly played scene B.

スクリーンショット 2023-03-19 11.24.28.png

However, when I played scene A and then changed to scene B, the lighting of scene B becomes dark. The road become nearly black since it has glossy reflection in its material and the sky (environment) become dark.

スクリーンショット 2023-03-19 11.25.56.png

I guess it's because some of the lighting of scene A remains even when scene A was destroyed and had some effect on scene B.

The two scenes use different light setting files, and Realtime Reflection Probes in Quality settings has been set to true. So I really don't have any idea of what may be the exact reason.

Is there any lighting need to be reset manually when changing scenes during runtime?

Unity Version: 2021.3.18f1

Thanks in advance.

2. zzxiang

zzxiang

The problem gets fixed if I uncheck "Auto Generate" in Lighting window and click Generate Lighting manually.
    Seems that Unity doesn't auto generate lighting data during changing scene at runtime?

3. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Good to hear that you've managed to solve this SkyManager issue yourself. Disabling Auto Generate is one of the workarounds, as you've discovered. For more info, take a look at the following chapter in the troubleshooting guide:

4. zzxiang

zzxiang

Thank you very much for the troubleshooting guide!
    Environment lighting problems really bother me often.
    I'll check the guide to learn more knowledge and skills about that.