Search Unity

Scene-level visibility still gets "stuck" on hidden

Discussion in 'World Building' started by hippocoder, Mar 27, 2019.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

2019.1 beta 9.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Another beta will be out shortly, I'll triple check this for repro.

Mac or PC?

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Windows PC.

But the confusion for me is... I can click the scene level eye icon and it will hide everything but clicking it again will not unhide anything at all. I have to go through every single one of my 500+ items in the hierarchy and unhide them manually, which I don't do so I simply disabled the feature entirely in the scene toolbar :(

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Yes, no worries, that is 100% a bug and will not happen in the final release. Clicking next to scene will work exactly the same as clicking next to GameObject.

hippocoder likes this.
  5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Thanks, I was worried I'd never escape the evil eye that saw what cannot be unseen, thanks to my guilty mouse.

gabrielw_unity likes this.
  6. trepan

trepan

Erm... This seems to still happen in 2019.1.0f2.

7. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Figured it out - if there was an item in the scene with modified HideFlags, we didn't deal with it properly ... fix is done internally and on it's way to you folks! :)

8. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

I am not sure if this is the right place but I am using Unity 2019.4.23f1 and I have somehow enabled an "eye" icon on one or multiple of my hierarchy objects and now I can not turn it off so many of my objects are stuck as hidden permanently.

I do not know how to recover from this, nor do I know what I did to cause it. I clicked on "eye" icon to help me see an object, then maybe clicked another but I do not know. Why does Unity not add a "unhide all" option in a dropdown somewhere?? I mean if it's a known bug that has not been solved by now then at least extent that courtesy, please.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021