Search Unity

Scene is resetting itself?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Monsterwald, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Monsterwald

Monsterwald

My scene is constantly resetting itself? It's now the third scene and It's really time consuming to create each time my old scene... it works for ... many hours? I don't have any scripts with scenemanager namespace.
    This is a new scene I had created... same bug, the lightrenderer I draw on screen should actually stay.

Edit: nevermind i hade a scenemanger script, did remember after posting.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Nothing of what you've written here makes any sense to me. If you still need some help with this, you should be a lot more specific about what problem or problems you're running into. Explain what "resetting itself" means specifically. Explain what it means for it to work for a few hours. Then you talk about a scenemanager namespace, a line renderer, a bug... You're all over the place. Try to isolate this to specific issues.

Joe-Censored and PraetorBlue like this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Make sure you save your scene after making changes (it is a separate save action from saving the project), and make sure you aren't doing your scene edits in Play mode.

Otherwise you need to actually explain the problem you are having. You should only need to recreate a scene if your source control system caught on fire, and it spread to all your backups as well. So I don't really get what is going wrong here assuming you are actually saving and backup up properly.