Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Scene gone empty

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nogue2k, Dec 7, 2012.

1. nogue2k

nogue2k

Yesterday all was good in the project, opened and reopened it with no problems.
    Today when i started unity, it said the project was outdated ( no new version was installed ), i clicked on CONTINUE, waited for the load and my scene was gone.
    It shows in the inspector, it opens, but it has nothing, not even a camera or terrain, im sure it still has data ( the scene file is 3.6MB ) but unity doesnt show anything.

What can i do to get my scene back?

2. Don-Gray

Don-Gray

Maybe nothing.
    I do hope you have been backing up.

3. MikeBastien

MikeBastien

If you select the scene in the Project Browser and go to 'Export Package', does it come up with all the references in the scene?

It may take a minute to load. If it does, try exporting it, and re-importing it to a new scene.

4. nogue2k

nogue2k

You gave me some hope, but it didnt work =/
    It shows only the scene name

5. MikeBastien

MikeBastien

Hi,

I should have added these thoughts with my last post as well:

1. Delete the Library folder and let Unity rebuild the project. This might correct any corruption with an asset or something.
    2. Another idea: have you used 'Force Text' for all your assets? If not, try that (Edit >> Project Settings >> Editor >> 'Asset Serialization'). You can now open the scene in a text editor and review the file. I'm not familiar with the format it uses, but if you compare against another similar functioning scene, perhaps you can diff, and correct any apparent problems.

However, at this point probably reverting to your latest 'backup' is probably the best solution. :p

unityunity