Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Scene Fade on GearVR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Mr-Tsunami, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Mr-Tsunami

Mr-Tsunami

Hello! How do you guys make your scenes fade in/out while switching levels?
    I found some technics (one using GUITexture and another with raw GL stuff) but unfortunately they don't work with Gear VR.

mmmshuddup likes this.
  2. jules43

jules43

The OVRScreenFade script seems to work fine (at least for initial Fade In). Just drag it onto your Left and Right Eye Anchor objects in the OVRCameraRig, set the Fade Shader (I'm using Unlit/Transparent HUD) and set your colour / time.

There's a great resource on fading here: http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=FadeInOut

To handle fade in/out between scenes you could combine the OVR one with the "Another Fade Script in C#, Extended Singleton" on this page to create one that fades between scenes.

3. Mr-Tsunami

Mr-Tsunami

Thanks! With little modifications OVRScreenFade works with unity native VR feature. No legacy OVR stuff is required.

4. reddo

reddo

Hi,
    I'm also using OVRScreenFade script with Gear VR to fade into scenes but still can't work out how to fade out with correct code. Did you find out how to fade out and do you have any tips?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Got the Fade Out happening. Just created another script based on OVRScreenFade and swapped some code for fading out from here https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/31ttkh/oculus_fade_to_black/

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  5. vicator

vicator

You could also have a box around your camera, then increase or decrease the transparency of its material to render a fade in or fade out.

6. shakhruz

shakhruz

OVRScreenFade did not work for me either so i just created a sphere around my camera with a simple color shader that I fade in and out.

mmmshuddup, SRemec and vicator like this.