Search Unity

Games 'Scenarios' Point and Click Alpha Demo

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Vectorbox, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Vectorbox

Vectorbox

Hi

I've been working on a 'point and click' strategy game and I'd appreciate some feedback. The playable alpha demo is focused on the game mechanics and uses placeholder objects to represent upcoming animated characters and themed scenes. Additional features are in the pipeline.

Working Title
    Scenarios (Alpha)

User Input
    Left Mouse Click

Demo Format

WebGL (16.9 / 1024 x 576)

Gameplay
    • The game is turn based
    • The objective is to eliminate all enemies
    • The player (yellow) can travel a maximum of two steps either vertically or horizontally.
    • The available steps are represented by directional arrow(s)
    • The enemies (blue) have the same movement restrictions as the player
    • Enemies will always transition in a 'closest to player' order
    • The player will forfeit a move if trapped by enemies
    • The level must be completed within the displayed time limit
    • Opponents are eliminated when the active character faces them as a result of a transition
    • You can restart the level at any time by clicking the red 'Reload' UI button
    • The alpha demo contains a single test scene only
    Playable Alpha Demo
    Updated Demo Coming Soon

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. Foestar

Foestar

Couldn't play it. Slow load in with long fading text only to get to a black screen with 2 buttons, one unclickable (the arrow) and a paused 2:00 timer in top right. Only thing I could do was click red O which made it fade out and back in super slow again which I'm guessing was a restart?

AskCarol likes this.
  3. Vectorbox

Vectorbox

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The red button is the reload button and the blue 'arrow' continue button is only enabled when the scene has been completed. The timer starts when the player makes it's initial move.

I've just tested it with Firefox Quantum, Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any problems, but I'll take a look at the loader script over the weekend. Unless it fails for me, it could be tricky to isolate the problem. In the meantime, I'll probably compile a 'scene only' version.

4. AskCarol

AskCarol

I accidentally clicked on the arrows on the floor and that allowed me to finally play the game. Maybe just introduce a half a second blinking on those arrows so people know to click there?

Looks promising though. I like the concept!

Vectorbox likes this.
  5. Vectorbox

Vectorbox

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll definitely add it to the 'to-do' list.