Search Unity

SCEMA - scene manager and loader tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Runemark, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Runemark

Runemark

Facebook Artwork.png

SCEMA saves you tons of time by providing a quick way to navigate between your scenes both in editor and runtime. It supports additive scene loading and contains a complete loading screen system.

SCEMA - Feature List.png

5-minute tutorial how you can use it

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. Runemark

Runemark

[reserved]

3. Runemark

Runemark

The asset is on it's way to the asset store. While waiting take a look at the 5-minute tutorial video!

4. Runemark

Runemark

5. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I just want to get clear on a couple of things before I buy Scema,

I have a large open world that was having issues with the 4gb limit so split the scene into smaller parts.

Now I have approx 10-15 smaller scenes with the main scene containing the terrain, veg and characters etc.

Next,

Scene 2 = Sky & Lighting
    Scene 3 = Water
    Scene 4 = Post Processing & Effects
    Scene 5 = Additional Forests
    Scene 6A-6F = Building Groups A-F

So this forms the foundation. Of the one large environment.

So I am looking for a solution (scema) to:

Display a loading screen, hints and splash image

Whilst loading the scenes (I believe this is additive scene loading but I am no coder so am learning slowly)

I dont want to allow button clicks from a mouse or keyboard and instead want to use input buttons on an xbox controller.

So, my question is, can Scema do this?

scene-1.PNG

By the way, This is a flying game so the whole terrain must be loaded and buildings etc are placed all over the environment but are activated when the character moves within range of those objects.

6. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

One other question I have is: How many Locations would I need to load the 10+ scenes?

I dont quite understand what Locations are? Are they points within the loading process? So theoretically I could have 2 where the player is required to click X/A button? in order to begin loading more of the scenes additively?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  7. Runemark

Runemark

Hi! Thanks for contacting me.
    Unfortunately no. SCEMA currently doesn't do this.

The concept of the additive scene is a container of certain functionalities that happen on every scene in the game, like UI, which should appear no matter what gameplay scene is loaded.

I think you need a scene streamer (look at this for example).

Hawk0077 likes this.
  8. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, thanks for the response.

However, world streamer doesnt do what O am speaking about.

I just want to load my 10 scenes. And possibly have a splash screen while the scenes are loading.

Streaming is something different. I will eventually be using SECTRE to stream/load my terrains etc but for now I am just looking for a way to load 10 scenes on top of each other addaptively as one scene.

9. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

That is what I am looking for. Scene 1 is the terrain and trees, scene 2 is the sky and lights, scene 3 is the water.

All of the scenes 2-10 need to be loaded. They are parts of the main scene and need to load and render at the same time.

I did this in one scene but went over the 4gb limitation of scene size. So split it and now want to load all 10 smaller scenes on top of each other.

10. Runemark

Runemark

I see. In this case, give it a try. If you don't like the asset I'll give you a full refund. ;)

11. Wafflegum

Wafflegum

Why is the lighting so bad when I use this?