Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Simulation Scaper - Aquascaping design tool

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Kyriakos80, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Kyriakos80

Kyriakos80

Hello fish lovers, i would like to share with you some shots of an aquascaping design tool i've been working on and will be releasing soon somewhere, i hope you find the result pleasing and looking forward to answering any questions you might have.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    Kupferrot and CodeSmile like this.
  2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

This looks amazing! :)
    I don‘t know what the use cases are for this kind of asset (screen saver? „boss room“ as in real world boss but maybe you still get to battle him hehe).

I admire the dedication that must have went into this especially because it seems like such a fringe thing to do, and then you turned it into a high quality visual asset!

3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Do the fish swim?

4. Kyriakos80

Kyriakos80

Thanks! Its purpose is for drafting new ideas or just satisfying that urge, the particular crowd is a very passionate and obsessed one with the element, and just like all design apps there's no set goal other than creating something which looks nice at your own pace.

I did work on a few game ideas in the past but i quickly lost motivation because i am not much of a gamer myself, i have more fun playing with Unity itself so i decided to combine my own interests which is the reason i got this far.

And yes the fish can swim around and you may add/remove species.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  5. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Nice! I can see how someone can get obsessed with designing a virtual aquarium. Last time I saw something comparable back in the days in that „flying toasters“ screensaver collection (I think, not 100% sure if it was them but definitely that time period).

6. Kupferrot

Kupferrot

This is very well made. I've been watching aquascape videos on youtube for a while, never startet this hobby but I think the above screenshots look very much like nice aquascapes.

7. Kyriakos80

Kyriakos80

Thanks a a lot! Go ahead and download it for free you like and let me know your impressions or suggestions...
    https://scaper.gumroad.com/l/Scaper

8. Kupferrot

Kupferrot

Works very well and pretty self explaining. Was interesting for me to see how many plants there are. Almost everything I saw on YouTube is in it.

aqua.png

Performance was very good on 1440p, sitting on over 600fps. I think the overall look is great, the UI is perfect, very minimalistic. I am impressed.

Also thank you for the Link, I didn't know about this site gumroad, might use it myself one day.

9. Kyriakos80

Kyriakos80

Good to hear performance is good, models/textures are not that optimised yet and i might not even bother if it's fine, it will be a very small scene anyway so i have budget to spend on other effects, keep checking the site from time to time for updates.

Kupferrot likes this.