Search Unity

ScapeKit Visual Positioning Localisation solution is Out!

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by edgars_unity, Jun 3, 2019.

1. edgars_unity

edgars_unity

ScapeKit is a package that makes creating location-based AR apps easy. It handles all the complexity of giving you the most accurate position and orientation via your device's camera while providing you with the freedom to create a stunning AR experience.

ScapeKit supports Native Android and IOS platform as well as Unity!

We at Scape believe the true value of immersive technology is to eliminate the barrier between content and reality by transporting the user within the experience but in order, to that, there needs to be the way to anchor content in the precise location first! And that's where we come in by providing most accurate localisation service out there that is scalable and robust and works under different weather conditions while at the same time utilising any device camera!

Check us out and start using it today!

We have captured data of 104 cities around the world! The first city that is available now is City of London more to come!

Feel free to reach out to me directly for more questions and answers edgars@scape.io

Why every developer needs ScapeKit (1).png

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  2. edgars_unity

edgars_unity

A lot of people ask what are the applications and use-cases of this technology?

The problem these days is when you trying to place any content in the real world you need to rely on to GPS, beacons, anchors or markers. None of them is scalable or robust. GPS is inaccurate your content ends up anywhere from 7-20 meters in any direction.

Using scape ensures your content stays within 30cm -1meter distance in the real world! And it can work with any ARCore or ARkit enabled device! Because we using global reference, multiple users can see the same content in the world displayed from different devices. The use cases can range from anchoring digital content for architecture, civil engineering or games application!

Whatever the use case if you need precise location in the world were you trying to anchor digital content our SDK can do it for you!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  3. edgars_unity

edgars_unity

What's the difference from ARKit and ARCore?

Scape is building an SDK that allows you to anchor digital objects to physical locations, outside and on a massive scale.

Whereas ARKit or ARCore allow you to track the position of a device relative to a random starting position, our SDK gives that location an absolute position, on a global reference frame.

4. khkcontact

khkcontact

Hi! This is fine and I wants to try it wioth Unity3d... But where it can be downloaded and got documentation? I did not found the referencies to area for developers at https://www.scape.io/

5. jakej1097

jakej1097

I love the idea of this platform. is it available to develop for? I can't find the SDK on their website

loickobes and khkcontact like this.
  6. khkcontact

khkcontact

Great, but could you please tell the reference to developer area where this SDK can be downloaded for learning and experimenting purpose, documentation and tutorials, reference to forums and Slack workspace etc... I am really impressed and would try the Unity3d SDK. But I did not found the developers area at your site. Are you providing access to this SDK and its documentation? Where?

loickobes likes this.
  7. khkcontact

khkcontact

Same problem :-(

8. khkcontact

khkcontact

Also a lot of people who have the ideas of the use-cases and wants to try your SDK has no idea where to got it and all related things - documentation, samples etc - your site has nothing about it :-(

9. loickobes

loickobes

We are working on an alternative to Scapekit, have a look at StardustSDK by Neogoma, it's currently free under early access

10. loickobes

loickobes

As I mentioned to khkcontact, you can try Neogoma's SDK, which offers mapping and relocalisation at scale from a single RGB camera. Contrary to Scapekit which was only available in London, you can map and locate anywhere. Free account for early tester here. Enjoy augmenting your world!