Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Scaling with ARFoundation

Discussion in 'AR' started by tdmowrer, Aug 5, 2018.

1. redagrandrei

redagrandrei

There was some old\depricated plugin which made it work in editor indeed. But now its outdated\or early access and not really working as far as i know.

2. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

I see... let's hope they provide something because right now, it's very frustrating especially when you want to explore the api and do more advanced use of AR experience.

Bye,

Jean

3. GeckoTrader

GeckoTrader

Thank you @tdmowrer for your post.

Will this impact "Collaborative participants" functionality, which uses ARAnchor and reports back both participants and ARAnchors?

4. rajshekarreddy

rajshekarreddy

How do I do this the traditional way using lean touch?

5. vishwah13

vishwah13

i have a problem if i scale the AR Session origin it cant detect the Plane any more

6. gaurav_u_gupta

gaurav_u_gupta

I am struggling in it since last few days. if somebody can suggest anything it will be helpful.
    I have a steady model on AR Plane. and I want to scale it down after model is detected. When scaledown button is pressed following code is invoked:

sessionOrigin.transform.localScale = Vector3.one * newval;
    sessionOrigin.MakeContentAppearAt(shadowPlane.transform, new Vector3(0,0,0));
    worldMap.setAnchorPoint(Vector3.zero, Quaternion.Euler(new Vector3(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f)));

This doesn't work. and everthing remains as it is. model doesn't change at all.
    However, moment I change first line from localScale to position as :
    sessionOrigin.transform.position = Vector3.one * newval;

it works and model size reduces. But problem is model looses its primary position and keeps changing the location at every button click. And I assume its because I am changing the position in code. But any suggestion what is going wrong ? why am I not able to use localScale ? Because my requirement is to change size not position.

unityunity