Search Unity

Scaling and Colliders

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Ajaxamander, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Ajaxamander

Ajaxamander

Whenever I add a generic object from the menu. (say, a sphere) then I try and set the scale with the inspector, it only scales the rendering component, not the collider component. Is this expected behavior? This gets especially cumbersome when the objects are hierarchical, and scaling a parent leaves the colision fields the same for some of the children.

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

The sphere collider currently does not change with scale.
    This will be fixed with version 1.1.

All other primitive colliders change with scale.

3. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

For the time being, the fast way to reset the collider radius to the size of the resized sphere is shown below ... but you probably know this already.

Attached Files:

4. Ajaxamander

Ajaxamander

Yeah, I figured the sphere thing was a "known bug" but the main reason I noticed was doing something similar to this (see attached) The selected cube is scaled .1x2x2 and nested in another cube object. When the parent cube object is scaled, it leads to the picture divergence of the cube's render element with it's collision element. Thanks for the "Reset" tip DaveyJJ, it had actually slipped my mind while doing some sphere stuff a minute ago. Resetting, however, doesn't fix this nesting issue :p

Attached Files:

5. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Uh oh. Please report a bug on this and attach the scene that contains the wrong collider.