Search Unity

Scaled content/physics

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by nerkderk, Jan 26, 2018.

1. nerkderk

nerkderk

Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out this scaled content stuff so my physics simulations don't break. I am using ARCore, and I can't figure out how the scaling is working in the ARInterface Scaled Content example. Can we discuss here and establish a workflow/steps/code to establish proper scaling, or just create a good thread that people looking to implement scaling can follow for help? I know this may be in the early stages, but it would be good to get this started.

2. bradweiers

bradweiers

We're still figuring out all the aspects of this problem ourselves. Have you read our blog post on scale in AR?

If you have any insights/problems/suggestions on this issue I'd love to hear them.

3. nerkderk

nerkderk

@r3dthrawn I have read that blog post, and unfortunately it left me with more questions than answers :) I was just confused as to how to get it working

Will you be releasing a guide to explain how to achieve this along with the ARInterface? When is that going to be officially released? Is there a guide/documentation for general ARInterface use?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

First comment on that blogpost has this link to a thread : https://forum.unity.com/threads/ar-...he-experimental-ar-interface-tutorial.512009/

If you want to use ARInterface, you should try opening the project in unity and look at the example scene conveniently named "ScaledContent". There's not much there except what you need to understand how to scale content in AR using ARInterface!
    Here's an image of what to look for :

5. nerkderk

nerkderk

@AlexMollingerALTKEY thanks for chiming in. I actually did already see that other thread, and a couple of the comments on it are mine.

What I am more looking for is a guide to the ARInterface in general. I'm not even sure at this point how to instantiate an object using code that will properly anchor the object on both ARCore and ARKit. An ARInterface basics guide would be perfect for this. That's mostly a comment for @bradweiers I suppose.