Search Unity

Scale/Rotate individual particles on collision

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by DRandall, May 21, 2020.

1. DRandall

DRandall

I'm trying to figure out a system in which I can scale and or rotate based on a character passing by a particle. At the moment I can a sphere collider to move particles but I cant figure out how to scale them down as the collision happens.

I'm also not sure if a collision would be the way to go about this. I don't specifically need the particles to be pushed away, I am more after the scale and rotation based on a characters position. I tried binding the transform of the character to scales and rotates of the particles but this happens uniformly across the system, whereas I would like it to happen as the character passes.

I'm kinda stuck on how to move forward from here. I'm more of an artist and quite new to VFX graph, trying to get my head around it, any help in the direction to follow ould be appreciated!

Current graph:
    upload_2020-5-21_15-19-55.png

Video:

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, you can probably simply use an operator distance to sphere to achieve what your want. Just plug the input of this operator to be your particle position (get current position operator) and use the distance to drive whatever parameter you want

DRandall likes this.
  3. DRandall

DRandall

That does what I'm after, Thank You!