Search Unity

Scale Keyframes Automatically added to skin mesh character at import.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Fabutan, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Fabutan

Fabutan

I have a skinned mesh character imported into my project with rotation animation curves on all of her joints. Her root also has position animation curves. These were all intentionally keyed in Maya, however when I bring the character into a scene within unity and apply her imported animations, then take a look at them in the animation editor window, I am noticing that Scale curves have been added to all her joints. I know that the joints have no scale keys set in maya, and the file is being imported in .mb format, does anyone know why or if Unity is automatically adding scale keys and if there is a way to turn it off, or alternatively if it's an export setting I need in Maya? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Fabutan

Fabutan

Also if it helps, the scale keys are being set at a value of 1, and with animation compression turned off it adds them every frame. I am trying to optimize my animations and need to remove these keys however in order to do so I need to create writable versions of the animation which are a bit of a destructive workflow for me so ideally I would be able to remove them on the imported read only versions.