Search Unity

Scale is too big in 360 panorama captured with Unity Recorder

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by bts13sho, Oct 1, 2018.

1. bts13sho

bts13sho

Hey! I am working on a unity project and need to be able to capture a scene in 360. The problem seems to be that the scene is pretty narrow so the scale of things in the video are too big. It seems like I am a 4meter tall giant even though the camera is set around 1.8m above the ground.

Do you know if it can be fixed or is it a limitation of todays 360-capture? I am capturing monoscopic if that gives any more info. Grateful for any input.

2. rrh

rrh

That might be a limit of 360 monoscopic display. It doesn't capture any depth info, so when you play it back, something might look like it's large and far away instead of small and close.

3. bts13sho

bts13sho

Thank you I will have to check if that fixes the problem. I wonder if it will though because the scale is off by a lot it seems like.

4. rrh

rrh

It sounds dumb for me to say this, but I never said anything that fixes the problem. I only explained the problem.

How you want to fix it, depends on where you want to compromise. You might be able to play it back projected on a virtual sphere that's closer to the viewer, but then it might make the things that are far away and big look too small and close.

5. bts13sho

bts13sho

Haha sorry I thought I wrote that I was gonna try stereoscopic and see if that fixes the problem. Doesn't seem like it gets much better and I am cursed by double vision even though I adjust IPD etc... Hard problem...

Thanks for the help anyways!

6. artofmining

artofmining

Hi did you ever figure out a solution for this? It's a pain for sure
    Thanks