Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

SC Post Effects Pack [Built-in/URP] - 34 additional effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StaggartCreations, Jan 18, 2018.

1. jiannis_hs

jiannis_hs

Hey @StaggerCreations and friends,

Really loving this asset in general, but need help with 1 major drawback,

There is a very noticeable ghosting of all objects in the scene when I have any of the SC effects added to my volume and move the camera, anything that jumps out as the reason for this?

Using Unity 2021.3.35f URP

2. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Glad to hear it! :)

Ghosting is really unusual, I've personally never seen this occur in any context before. Could you perhaps record a short video to demonstrate what you're seeing?

3. jiannis_hs

jiannis_hs

4. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Thanks for taking the time to record a video! I can clearly see what you're referring to.

What appears to be happening is that by the time the effects render (Edge Detection & Fog) the depth texture seems to represent the information from the previous frame, rather than the current. These effects merely read the depth texture, as it's being presented to them, so I suspect something in the render pipeline interfers.

You could try to change any of these settings:
    upload_2024-4-16_9-55-16.png
    And disable any other render features that aren't standard URP features.

5. jiannis_hs

jiannis_hs

Thanks so much for the response,

Simply changing the settings you recommended fixed the issue :)

6. sacb0y

sacb0y

Any time line for render graph support, if there's a beta i'd love to try it!

Hades714 likes this.
  7. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Render Graph won't be supported I'm afraid, I've outlined the development and compatibility details in a previous post (updated with RG details now).

Though in Unity 6.0, backwards compatibility mode can be enabled to make the effects work. It is disabled by default in new Unity 6 projects.
    upload_2024-5-6_9-44-4.png

8. sacb0y

sacb0y

That's unfortunate, I'll have to find a replacement for some effects, or maybe just try to work it out myself...

While compatibility mode is an option, there's multiple features that are significant enough for me that compatibility mode is not viable as it makes those features not available.

Hopefully there's a new version in the future!

Edit: oh i read the post, looking forward to the new version! I don't mind paying as I know th render graph transition is a lot of work.

Hopefully it's not too far off but I'd gladly take an early version XD

Oh damn does this apply to the water asset too?

StaggartCreations and Hades714 like this.
  9. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Pleased to announce that I've opened a Discord server. It will serve as a centralized place to find announcements, discussions and support/feature request forums. Though Unity threads, such as this one, will still be monitored. And documentation will remain up to date. Moving forward, my attention will be focused on the server, in order to streamline continued support :)

- Join -
    In order to access support channels and feature requests, your invoice number is required. You can find this on your Order History page.

sjm-tech, Hades714 and stonstad like this.
  10. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Version v2.3.8 submitted!

Changed:
    - An error is now displayed in the UI if Render Graph is enabled in Unity 6+, with the option to disable it.
    - LUT extractor no longer automatically executes when the input file was changed (related to bug fix below)

Fixed:
    - Issue with installation causing all textures in the project to reimport (Unity bug introduced in 2020.2)
    - (URP) False-positive warning in the effect UI regarding the use of the 2D Renderer.
    - Shader compile error on PS5 when using the Fog shading function in an external shader.
    - Truncation warning in Refraction shader.
    - Visible aliasing in Caustics effect.

Hades714 and sjm-tech like this.
  11. Antibody_antibody

Antibody_antibody

Snipaste_2024-05-13_23-18-15.png
    hi~
    any idea how to make sc effect work on a layer other than "Default"?
    the left sphere is on my custom layer, and the right sphere is on the default layer. As we can see i applied both chromatic aberration(unity post-processing) and posterize on a volume, however only chromatic aberration worked on both sphere.

12. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The moment the effects render, they'll apply to anything rendered before them. A camera's culling layer and such doesn't really have a functional bearing on how this works. The question you're posing is not something I can answer, I recommend checking the frame debugger to see step-by-step how rendering is executed in your set up. You'll see the effects execute there as well, I assume the sphere on the left is made to render after them.

13. Antibody_antibody

Antibody_antibody

I checked framedebugger and confirmed that both cameras rendered all meshes before post-processing effects. However, my previous description may be wrong. After testing, I found that regardless of the level, some sc_effect effects cannot be applied to cameras whose render type is overlay.
    And I further found that some of the effects from sc_effect are effective, such as blur, double vision, kaleidoscope. After testing, the ones that are not effective include radial blur, scanlines, and posterize (I applied the post-processing effects separately to the main image. camera to confirm that my settings for them are working)

Do you have any guesses as to why there is this difference?

Attached Files:

14. Antibody_antibody

Antibody_antibody

upload_2024-5-14_20-8-1.png The attached picture may be a little confusing. As an explanation, I only applied a global volume to the scene, which acted on the overlay camera, and also applied scanlines, radial blur, colorize, chromatic aberration (from unity), and double vision. as result, only double vision and chromatic aberration works on the left sphere

15. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Ah, camera stacking in URP :p

On the render feature, you'd have to enable rendering for overlay camera's:
    upload_2024-5-15_10-33-59.png

Though probably won't work as you'd expect, since the effect of the overlay camera will apply to the entire screen, including anything rendered on the base camera

16. Antibody_antibody

Antibody_antibody

work for me! thanks for your patience, this (effect applying to the entire screen ) is what my project need.;)

StaggartCreations likes this.